The Kindness of Cypriots

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

The Kindness of Cypriots

Post by WHL » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Friend of mine sent me this, and I thought I would share, It shows that there are good people on both sides of the divide ( Dominic if Im not allowed to post this, please delete)

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 845dda1bca

Happy in Cyprus

Re: The Kindness of Cypriots

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Couldn't agree more. I am invariably embarrassed by the amount of fruit and vegetables our shop landlord gives us each month when we meet to pay him. Often there's a whole carrier bag full of bananas from his plantation; he knows our grandkids love them. Also gives us rodia (pomegranites), water melon, aubergines and other assorted vegetables in season. This time it''ll be nice to give them a load of passion fruit which I know they enjoy, but don't grow themselves. By and large, Cypriots are extremely generous and hospitable people.

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:08 pm

Amen to that. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.

Jamboal

Post by Jamboal » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Cypriots neighbours and in general we find are very generous and helpful.

PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Yes, my fridge is once again making fruit juice every time I close the door! 😂😂
And the amount of actual help as well as offers, not just immediately following Dave's death, but even now 20 months later ...
It is very heartwarming, but still a little embarrassing that one simply cannot outgift a Cypriot - or even come anywhere near equal!
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:

galexinda

Post by galexinda » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:31 pm

''The Kindness of Cypriots'' - just about sums up why I live here.

Happy in Cyprus

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:58 pm

Indeed galexinda. And as I point out to people who have just arrived from other countries to make their new home in Cyprus, it's a VERY safe place to live and to bring up a family.

I point out to them that there are countless nationalities who live in Cyprus: Greek Cypriots, Brits, Russians, Israelis, east Europeans, people from all EU countries and many others I've overlooked...and the wonderful thing is that everyone gets on in complete harmony.

It's safe to walk the streets here, even at night and in the centre of town. That counts for a lot.

ph06kg1

Post by ph06kg1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:28 pm

As Cyprus is only a small island, many people know each other! I have relatives, for example, in all cities, same goes to friends, colleagues, etc. So Cy can be safely thought as a large neighborhood, or even a large family! Everybody is part of this family! I was born in Trachoni, Limassol, a British Base area, and i had English friends since i was a kid, we still keep in touch! I even had the chance to get in a tornado fighter because my friend's dad was a British military officer in the Akrotiri SBA!

My neighbor, also British, gave me as a gift a military radio analyzer, which i keep it to my home as an antique 😊 thank you so much for your kind words for Cypriots! Of course not all of us act with kindness but i am glad a proportion of us has indeed a good soul (e. g. Metaxas, our first serial killer in Cy history)

Best regards, George K.

71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Ph06kg1

Just out of curiosity are you any relation to the Constantinou Brothers Hotel / property development family

JimX

Post by JimX » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:43 am

In our small complex we have several different nationalities including Cypriot, all are kind and helpful including the Cypriots, I have Cypriot family and they never fail to help us when needed, a good reason to relocate to Cyprus are the Cypriots, and the general low crime rates..
Jim.

ph06kg1

Post by ph06kg1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:02 am

71 Trans Am wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 pm
Ph06kg1

Just out of curiosity are you any relation to the Constantinou Brothers Hotel / property development family
Hehe no! Constantinou is a veeery common surname in Cyprus.

galexinda

Post by galexinda » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:11 am

Interestingly on the few occasions when I have been in situations when I needed help (medical attention in a couple of incidents) it was the Cypriots who came and helped while the Expats sat/stood and watched.