Light at the end of Boris' dark tunnel?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jim B

Re: Light at the end of Boris' dark tunnel?

Post by Jim B »

Of course it's "Proect Fear" because it suits you for it to be so.
Joe Cox was Project Fact; she's dead and maybe bribery and corruption is nothing new but it's never been so blatantly obvious and open as it is now. You just have to look at who's the PM to confirm it; in other times if caught they would have resigned, not promoted.
Carole Cadwalldr has had many death threats and up to now no one has been charged.
It saddens me how people are quite prepared to excuse or defend the indefensible. I never suggested it was anything to do with Russia, I said our democracy is similar to theirs.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim

No way can I agree that our democracy is similar to Russia's.

Joe Cox died at the hands of a far right extremist. You appear to be trying to blame all evils that happen in the UK on Brexit, that just isn't true. As I said, the offences you quote are nothing new, and were there long before the referendum. The remain side are no angels.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Brexit allowed these far right lunatics to surface because of lies fed by Farage and co, The rise in racial and Xenophobic crimes since the referendum is there for all to see and as I said the crimes may not be new but they are more prevalent.
The only difference I can see between the UK and Russia at the moment is we haven't yet reached the stage of detention for Remainers though presently being called traitors is one of the nicer terms used.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Who called you traitors ?

I do feel that you are now taking things to extreme, re. Russia and the UK comparison.

There is only one man in the UK that I would refer to as a traitor, I believe he has changed his mind over Brexit, and is now advocating remain, although that is not the reason why. Many posters will probably guess his identity.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Oh Jim, BOTH sides have been subjected to name calling, it’s not the domain of Leave voters, Remainers have been equally as disgusting in their remarks, including some on here.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:46 pm Oh Jim, BOTH sides have been subjected to name calling, it’s not the domain of Leave voters, Remainers have been equally as disgusting in their remarks, including some on here.
Alan As you are well aware there is name calling and name calling.
According to Leave.EU, Remainers are now classified as Vermin which if I recall was a term used by the Nazis to describe Jews and Untermenschen. As I said we are on the slippery slope and like it or not it's guilt by association.

Jim
PS. Google the comments about Vermin, it was in relation to Leave.EU congratulating Frank Field setting up his new group.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:46 pm Oh Jim, BOTH sides have been subjected to name calling, it’s not the domain of Leave voters, Remainers have been equally as disgusting in their remarks, including some on here.
Alan As you are well aware there is name calling and name calling.
According to Leave.EU, Remainers are now classified as Vermin which if I recall was a term used by the Nazis to describe Jews and Untermenschen. As I said we are on the slippery slope and like it or not it's guilt by association.

Jim
PS. Google the comments about Vermin, it was in relation to Leave.EU congratulating Frank Field setting up his new group.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgward wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:44 pm The Times today has an article, that states that Boris’s largest backer, has £300m bet on Britain’s largest firms values plummeting post-brexit.... and some think this is all a simple leave Eu or stay decision of the people - democracy! Aye, sure!
This is what it's all about, not about EU and all about Disaster Capitalism. There's none so blind......

Jim

https://inews.co.uk/news/tory-donor-bet ... CiDTbyhkmw
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Les Bean wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54 am
I’m still wondering who he is. Perhaps Les Bean can tell me as he posted the link?
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Jimgym wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:48 am I’m still wondering who he is. Perhaps Les Bean can tell me as he posted the link?
He's a journalist.
"Tim spent 10 years till 2014, editing the Telegraph’s diary column and wrote diaries for the Mirror during the last two elections."
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Oxfordboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:22 am
Jimgym wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:48 am I’m still wondering who he is. Perhaps Les Bean can tell me as he posted the link?
He's a journalist.
"Tim spent 10 years till 2014, editing the Telegraph’s diary column and wrote diaries for the Mirror during the last two elections."
Thank you Oxford boy, appreciate the reply.