Common Sense from Germany?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
The Aquila

Common Sense from Germany?

Post by The Aquila »

I wonder if the rest will listen?!
Jimgym

Re: Common Sense from Germany?

Post by Jimgym »

Interesting speech. She said what many are thinking and feeling. A pity the EU didn't / won't listen to this sort of common sense. I wonder what the Remain voters would make of it?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Its a few months old this video, but still applies
David
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

An excellent speech, I bet the BBC won't be showing that one anytime soon. I was also listening to another German making a speech recently, on similar lines, it appears that only they can see sense within the EU.

Jim, yes we'll see what the remain voters think of it...…….or maybe not.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

"No more social welfare immediately".

Immediate social welfare is not dictat from the EU. For instance, it isn't available in Cyprus. The only reason it is available in the UK is because the UK implement the policy themselves. The same is true for the NHS, where doctors themselves voted to treat anybody who needs treatment no matter where they come from or whether they can pay for it.

I stopped watching after that.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Dominic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:37 pm The same is true for the NHS, where doctors themselves voted to treat anybody who needs treatment no matter where they come from or whether they can pay for it.
Doctors were generally opposed to the NHS in 1948, when they were co-opted; no question of a vote. OTOH, it happened despite this, as a part of Labour's policy with Attlee's welfare plans, and Nye Bevan's hard work on the NHS. This was started without two pennies to rub together in the post-war recession.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Devil wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:04 pm
Dominic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:37 pm The same is true for the NHS, where doctors themselves voted to treat anybody who needs treatment no matter where they come from or whether they can pay for it.
Doctors were generally opposed to the NHS in 1948, when they were co-opted; no question of a vote. OTOH, it happened despite this, as a part of Labour's policy with Attlee's welfare plans, and Nye Bevan's hard work on the NHS. This was started without two pennies to rub together in the post-war recession.
I’m not talking historically, Devil. The vote I am referring to happened this year.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.