Gesy doctor on holiday

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Pbee

Gesy doctor on holiday

Post by Pbee »

I know that everyone is entitled to a holiday but there appears to be no provision made under the new scheme for any cover while the doctor is away. We were just told when he was returning so what are you supposed to do if you need medical help? At least with the old scheme you could still see a doctor.. Not good if you need help now.
galexinda

Re: Gesy doctor on holiday

Post by galexinda »

The personal doctor I use has an arrangement with another personal doctor at the same clinic that they will provide cover when the other doctor is absent for any reason eg holiday, courses.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Likewise I asked our chosen GP what happened during Holidays.. She said there were two alternatives she could take... One Direct patients to another GP.... Two.. Get a another doctor to cover for her at her surgery.. She said the second option was the most likely to be chosen
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes our doctor is on a two week holiday and did not mention any provisions to have another GP take over his patients, if you really need to see a GP then pay the fee, usually about €35's, your well being is worth that cost I think.
Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

My Doctor told me that she would have a stand in, when she is away, she said she would notify all her patients by Email.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Sounds like you may be with doctor Marla in Chloraka
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:53 am Sounds like you may be with doctor Marla in Chloraka
No Trev, Im on the other side of the Island,
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

After 6 months you can change your Personal Doctor.

I believe it is essential that you can access a Personal Doctor at all times, as otherwise, not only will you have to pay the private fee for consultation but also pharmacy, laboratory and other services will be charged at private rates.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Galexinda. Can you not do as Jim has mentioned and pay to see another Gesy GP and then use a Gesy Pharmacist..?
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Private GPs charge €30-35 per consultation from my experience Trev and prescribe/request tests at private rates.

''The PD offers healthcare services to the beneficiaries who are registered in his list. All beneficiaries must be registered in a beneficiary list in order to enjoy the healthcare services provided by the GHS....

Provided that the beneficiary is registered in a beneficiary list he/she has direct access to that PD....

Beneficiaries have the right to change their Personal Doctor after the lapse of a six-month period as of their registration with a PD''.

https://www.gesy.org.cy/sites/Sites?d=D ... iopdaccess