Smoking in Ambulance

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Smoking in Ambulance

Post by WHL »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:18 am A few days ago I was parked outside Papantoniou Bakery at the Tremithousa junction while my daughter was inside buying something. As she came out she noticed a state run ambulance also parked outside with a male nurse/operative sitting in the passenger seat smoking while the driver was also in the store. She was horrified to see this and thought it was a definite NoNo. Agreed the side window was open though. On her return to the UK she mentioned it to a friend who is an NHS paramedic who was as horrified as my daughter. What do other people think?
They were probably on a break and went to get some nosh, don't have a problem with them having a fag, window open, no patients in the back, no harm done, in my opinion not the end of the World.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Not as bad as the petrol tanker driver smoking whilst delivering petrol at the local petrol station!
WHL

Post by WHL »

boycott wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 am Not as bad as the petrol tanker driver smoking whilst delivering petrol at the local petrol station!
Petrol attendants in my local station smoke and drink coffee, ten feet away from pumps while petrol is being dispensed, only a matter of time.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Smoking is a bad habit especially in a fuel filling station, that Ambulance as I live in Tremithousa maybe the one we called for as a neighbour was very ill, it took 1 1/2 hours to get here..(just maybe the same?)
Jim.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Agreed, not the end of the world.

Alan
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:50 am
boycott wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 am Not as bad as the petrol tanker driver smoking whilst delivering petrol at the local petrol station!
Petrol attendants in my local station smoke and drink coffee, ten feet away from pumps while petrol is being dispensed, only a matter of time.
I was once having a crafty fag in the loo of a ferry boat taking us up the Ton Le Sap in Cambodia. All of a sudden one of the crew started banging on the door. I was puzzled as they were normally relaxed about smoking etc. I came out and he grinned at me, pointing to some cannisters directly behind me. They stored the fuel in the loos.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:13 pm
WHL wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:50 am
I was once having a crafty fag in the loo of a ferry boat taking us up the Ton Le Sap in Cambodia. All of a sudden one of the crew started banging on the door. I was puzzled as they were normally relaxed about smoking etc. I came out and he grinned at me, pointing to some cannisters directly behind me. They stored the fuel in the loos.
A cure for constipation, if that lot went up :lol:
Last edited by WHL on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

No, NOT at all funny and should be BANNED completely in public service vehicles. My wife has various allergies and any hint of cigarette smoke could cause her to have a reaction.
All things are possible
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

Chill out people.
I love living in Cyprus as it is a totally different life style to the UK.
IMHO there is a lot more good than bad things here compared to the UK, That's why I came.
If a guy smoking in an ambulance horrifies you, may be Cyprus isn't the place for you.
I'm quite sure that would never happen in the UK without the guy being shot at dawn !!
darrow

Post by darrow »

Lincoln wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:39 pm No, NOT at all funny and should be BANNED completely in public service vehicles. My wife has various allergies and any hint of cigarette smoke could cause her to have a reaction.
i also am allergic to cigarette smoke. in UK i wouldn't get in taxi because the driver had been smoking. he said passengers aren't allowed to smoke. i asked him if he had been smoking. i moved on to another further down the rank with a non smoking driver. it is no joke if your sinuses swell up and you can't breathe, your lips burn and swell. i am pleased they have introduced no smoking, but often we still have to run the gauntlet of smokers smoking immediately outside entrance doors. General hospital springs to mind. at least i can sprint through with a handkerchief over my nose and mouth.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Lincoln wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:39 pm No, NOT at all funny and should be BANNED completely in public service vehicles. My wife has various allergies and any hint of cigarette smoke could cause her to have a reaction.
You could say the same thing about cat hair. I like the new avatar by the way. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:26 pm
You could say the same thing about cat hair. I like the new avatar by the way. :)
I don't agree that cat hair is the same as cigarette smoke. If you are allergic to cat hair you avoid them. Public service vehicles are for use for the public, therefore the No smoking"laws should be upheld by the employees. My opinion.
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

Smoking in public places should be banned completely.
Already is, in places like Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

I was always led to believe you shouldn't use your mobile phone in a hospital as it could interfere with the hospital equipment, now everyone seems to be chatting texting on their phones, even the doctors.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Tremigirl wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:49 am I was always led to believe you shouldn't use your mobile phone in a hospital as it could interfere with the hospital equipment, now everyone seems to be chatting texting on their phones, even the doctors.
That was in the days before anyone really knew about the effects of mobile phone signals and waves, now if even ok to use them on some flights.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I always thought it was to make you spend a fortune on hospital trolley phones.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
daveg

Post by daveg »

And I've just seen a couple of policemen enjoying a beer in the local taverna, before they went out on patrol...
I so love the relaxed atmosphere here.....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And yet I often wonder if one bottle of beer would put me over the drink drive limit here ??
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

daveg wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:12 pm And I've just seen a couple of policemen enjoying a beer in the local taverna, before they went out on patrol...
I so love the relaxed atmosphere here.....
How do you know that they were going out on patrol?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

MOH was a police officer in the UK, he would never drink alcohol before he went on duty, it was a big no, no.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.