Trump's Latest Pearls of Wisdom

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

Trump's Latest Pearls of Wisdom

Post by Dominic »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 46421.html

I watched the clip and could not believe what he was saying. Is he that much of an idiot?

Donald Trump will tour the beaches of Normandy on Thursday, hours after causing outrage in Ireland with his remarks about the country’s border with Northern Ireland.

“We have a border situation in the United States, and you have one over here,” the US president said during a meeting on Wednesday with Leo Varadkar, the Irish prime minister.

“But I hear it’s going to work out very well here.”

Mr Trump appeared to be comparing the Brexit debate over Ireland and Northern Ireland with his attempts to curb immigration by building a wall on the US-Mexico border.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Re: Trump's Latest Pearls of Wisdom

Post by Jimgward »

He isn’t only a clown, but a dangerous one. He lies, causes upset and creates so much division. Second to brexit.

He tried to backtrack on the NHS being open to US businesses - but he was obviously advised to do so, as they knew that it is better by stealth.

Interesting that only the current health minister, of PM hopefuls, came out and condemned the notion, to my knowledge.
Last edited by Jimgward on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Given that he’s very rich and the president I don’t think he can be that stupid! Not my favourite person but many seem to like him. 🤮
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Dominic wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:20 am Is he that much of an idiot
Yes, I believe he is....but not as much as the people that voted for him ;)
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

That'll be those who voted to remain in the EU :lol:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

He's certainly not the sharpest tool in the box.... this always makes me smile:

"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:17 am Every time the buffoon opens his gob he drops himself in it:

https://news.yahoo.com/twitter-erupts-o ... 35373.html

Comments under the article hilarious:

Actually stuff like that annoys me. He clearly didn't mean that the moon was part of Mars. He meant that journeys to the moon were part of the Mars project.
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

Funny how many people on this forum are always quick to knock Trump, I am not great lover of the bloke, but point one, how many posters on this forum are BILLIONAIRES, secondly he can't be as stupid as posters on this forum like to make him out to be, if he was we would all be Billionaires myself included and I am just a humble airline employee, I don't own a chat forum in Cyprus or a small pool cleaning and pool refurbishment business or retired from doing many a job through my working career.

I think the bloke is crass and his aides should without doubt keep him away from Twitter or whatever platform he opts to use but over the last couple of months I have spent many a layover in the states and the Caribbean and the one thing I have learnt is Americans may not like him but what they respect is the fact that unlike others prior to him he had a manifesto and he has tried to deliver on that. Show me a previous president or prime minster or any politician that has lived up to or tried to live up to the manifesto they wanted the voters to elect them on. If any on this forum can honestly state they have been as successful in business as Trump or become a leading politician as trump them by all means knock the bloke but until you have achieved just a fraction of his success then I personally think its sour eggs to knock a bloke on not just on his policies as the US President but to knock him business wise as nonsense.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Well, if my father had been a multi-multi millionaire, I think I would have to be stupid not to improve on the gist he had given me ...

As it was, Trump has gone bust at least once and has had very shady ways of making money, with more people ripped off and more schemes collapsing than most. It also isn’t that correct that he is a billionaire.... nobody knows as he refuses to divulge....
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

living the dream wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25 pm what they respect is the fact that unlike others prior to him he had a manifesto and he has tried to deliver on that. Show me a previous president or prime minster or any politician that has lived up to or tried to live up to the manifesto they wanted the voters to elect them on.
Hard to be definitive until Trump's term is (hopefully) over next year, but I don't think Obama did that badly bearing in mind he was a Democratic president and both houses were Republican-controlled.

Trump being a billionaire (or is he? - we don't really know) doesn't make him a good president or person. Personally, I think Trump deserves little respect. He has lied and bullied his way through his term of office so far and seems to do nothing but create division and turmoil.

Trump.png
Trump.png (18.59 KiB) Viewed 5879 times
Obama.png
Obama.png (14.24 KiB) Viewed 5879 times
Meri2

Post by Meri2 »

Bravo living the dream !!
living the dream

His father and siblings helped him out with a few million along with banks, and yes his father was a millionaire but nowhere near a billionaire which according to Forbes as of 2019 Trumps nett worth is $3.1 Billion - hardly a dramatic fall. Show me any business that does not utilise the banks money when it is required either by loans or overdrafts etc or are all certain business people in Cyprus cash rich. The fact is his family and banks supported him as they could see something in him which they believed was worth backing, funny enough just like the American Electorate. The fact he is crass, a buffon and other expletives I could use, he is still the US President. Unlike the usual culprits on this forum who just love to knock him they have never quite frankly achieved nothing close to a minute fraction of his success. Envy always seems to bring out the keyboard warriors who know it all, have seen it all, can predict it all but in reality have achieved F--- All

Sorry for being so blunt, but this forum seems to sometimes thrive off the back of certain posters who have nothing better to do than to trawl the net to try and find information that can justify or prove their point, be it Trump, Brexit, Middle East Issues, businesses that have failed or about to fail all with the end goal of being to declare "I told you so, or I predicted this or that or the next thing" - heres a prediction:- Boris becoming PM wish I had put down £100 quid with the bookies 3 years ago.
living the dream

Here are a few facts and figures certain posters don't bother posting as they choose to only look for the negatives with Trump. I can't stand the bloke but his reputation as a businessman and his policies as US president speak for themselves when it comes to the economy.

1st - Unemployment under Trumps administration is the lower since 2010 when Obama took control
2nd - Dow Jones is the highest its been since 2008 despite the last years trade war with China and Trumps Decision to ditch the TPP Deal
3rd - Women and African American Unemployment the lowest since 2010
4th - Wages increased slightly but nevertheless increased
5th - Productivity has grown 3.6% in the first quarter the fastest yearly gain since 2010
6th - Optimism by US citizens regarding their personal finances has recorded that 69% of the US population expect they will be better off within the next year, 56% rate their current financial situation as excellent, 29% fair and 15% poor and according to the ratings polls positive numbers like this have not been seen since 2002

Like I said in a previous post most Americans don't like him but support him, we can all find facts to suit an argument only difference is the facts I have found support the conversations I have had with actual Americans.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Goodness me, what a very unusual perspective where your only measure of success and achievement is how much money you have.

You obviously are a huge Trump supporter which is fine, but I'm not which is also fine as I'm as entitled to my opinion as much as you are - there are opposing viewpoints to most things. For example, I lived in the US for 5 years and have been working with a US company for the last 15 years so I also interact with actual Americans on a daily basis. None of them think Trump is good for the US and none of them support him. Go figure.
living the dream

"You obviously are a huge Trump supporter which is fine" - I certainly respect you viewpoint however In answer to that I am not a Trump Supporter as I see him more as a petulant child throwing his dummy out of his pram as and when it suits him not the sort of person I would personally want in charge of the US Nuclear Codes.

My point was that, he is a Billionaire and loathe him or love him he is the POTUS and has the backing of many Americans due to trying to deliver on his Manifesto. I also respect the fact that there is equally an amount of Americans who dislike him as suggested by Oxfordboy.

I measure Trump not just on his wealth alone but on his years of job creation, thousands of hospitality positions globally, construction and infrastructure companies who build or refurbish his Hotel Empire, his businesses support local economies just look at his clubs in Scotland, ask any local who lives in the vicinity of his Golf Courses how his investment has helped the local economy and community. And yes I would love to be a few quid behind Trump and who wouldn't but I do not just measure the man on his wealth I measure the man on his business acumen that has helped and supported thousands of jobs globally - and yes he did hit a sticky patch in the 90's but show me a single businessman/woman that has never hit financial problems in his or her career and many people sometimes do not have the ability, the acumen or the drive to bounce back, Trump did and went from Multi Millionaire to Billionaire surely that speaks volumes about his tenacity, business acumen and ability to negotiate support for himself and his businesses.

If posters on this forum want to knock him then fine but do not try to demean the guy by silly comments about his wealth, or his ability as a businessman as not one person on this forum could state they have achieved more in business than Trump in wealth creation, job creation, and running multi faceted businesses. My opinion of the bloke is that he engages his mouth before his brain, make ridiculous comments and then looks even more foolish when he has to backtrack and is surrounded by advisors who quite frankly should not be advising anyone least of all the POTUS.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Wee faux pas.... should be 1776....

Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I cannot imagine what sort of person acting as British Ambassador, would actually write this, how foolish.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Why? The issue is surely with the leak. And besides, was he wrong?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:05 pm I cannot imagine what sort of person acting as British Ambassador, would actually write this, how foolish.
Do you really think that internal confidential documents are couched in diplomatic language?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

We shall see if he loses his position, if so then yes. Surely he could have reported his findings/opinions verbally.

Devil, Of course not, you say 'confidential documents' they are obviously anything but that !