General Hospital

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: General Hospital

Post by trevnhil »

I imagine a lot of people will be back there today trying to make fresh appointments... And I also think there will be disappointing people and a lot of harsh words said.. Fortunately my appointment this week is on Friday..
Trev..
josef k

Post by josef k »

Actually today was relatively quiet at the General. No huge queues anywhere. No people getting worked up or shouting. Just a few Brits moaning, as usual.
kansas

Post by kansas »

We went yesterday late morning and the place was heaving. It was difficult to find a space in the rear car park and people were parking in non-parking places. Luckily we were visiting someone and didn't have to join the queues of people trying to make appointments.
Last edited by kansas on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kansas

Post by kansas »

We went yesterday late morning and the place was heaving. It was difficult to find a space in the rear car park and people were parking in non-parking places. Luckily we were visiting someone and didn't have to join the queues of people trying to make appointments.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Same day.

2 different views!!

:? :? :? :?

josef k
josef k wrote: Actually today was relatively quiet at the General. No huge queues anywhere. No people getting worked up or shouting. Just a few Brits moaning, as usual.

kansas
kansas wrote: We went yesterday late morning and the place was heaving. It was difficult to find a space in the rear car park and people were parking in non-parking places. Luckily we were visiting someone and didn't have to join the queues of people trying to make appointments.
Varky

Post by Varky »

The Aquila wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:06 am As the old unionist you claim to be I am surprised you demanding that others should work on such a day.....or is this just more of your doubles standards? You know, like the thread that you complained about the police not doing enough against law breakers and in the trailing thread you said you would continue to break the law and walk on dogs on prohibited beaches ;) :lol:
I think the point was, for the few patients be they Cypriot, Brit, Etc. that had an appointment for the day in question, why could someone not have picked up the phone to inform them of the situation i.e. show a bit of consideration.
darrow

Post by darrow »

kansas wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:57 am We went yesterday late morning and the place was heaving. It was difficult to find a space in the rear car park and people were parking in non-parking places. Luckily we were visiting someone and didn't have to join the queues of people trying to make appointments.
We also went around 7a.m, for blood tests. There was hardly anyone around. The queuing was at the stamp sales! I usually get quite a few but because of the change in charges I hadn't. I passed the paperwork over and let him decide. Everything was still 50c! :D
josef k

Post by josef k »

That's right darrow. I also went for blood tests, although about an hour later than you. The main reception had 6 to 8 people in front of me. The stamp queue was around 6. The blood test reception had 4 in front of me. The normally heaving throng outside the blood room was around 10 strong.
Remember, this was after a public holiday when you would expect it to be extra busy.