first experience visiting GESY doctor

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Tuppence

Re: first experience visiting GESY doctor

Post by Tuppence »

Mr Blobby
Please can you explain in simple language how you find or where you find or the web address of the beneficiary portal? I have got our verification codes but just keep going round & round in circles trying to access our beneficiary record & not getting anywhere.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

https://www.gesy.org.cy/launchpad.html

Is the web address , just hit the beneficiary portal button .
Attachments
DBB0DF55-2708-4DDF-A86B-DD28AE88147F.jpeg
DBB0DF55-2708-4DDF-A86B-DD28AE88147F.jpeg (95.63 KiB) Viewed 8441 times
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Thanks Mrblobby, all sorted now thank goodness. I was using an old bookmarked site for Gesy!
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Can anyone please answer these hopefully simple questions...when you see your doctor does he give you the normal type perscription or something different.what happens when you take it to the pharmacy...do you need any paperwork etc!
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

We were given a paper prescription yesterday , but the system is supposed to work electronically .

Needed no extra paperwork at the pharmacy , just handed over the prescription .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Hopefully the prescription was for 6 months and you got 1 months supply.. When you revisit the pharmacy each month then it should still be on their computer ..
Trev..
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Why are people talking about a verification code...do you need this?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Hopefully not as we have not got one..
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Reesy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:31 am Why are people talking about a verification code...do you need this?
No you do not need one unless you would like to use the on line features like looking at your medical records.

Some examples , no not me ;)

Attachments
AC684C8A-F663-4BEF-AF54-5D6B04CFE623.jpeg
AC684C8A-F663-4BEF-AF54-5D6B04CFE623.jpeg (92.53 KiB) Viewed 8331 times
A358012E-304D-4ECD-9E36-B5099B26E5C4.jpeg
A358012E-304D-4ECD-9E36-B5099B26E5C4.jpeg (93.01 KiB) Viewed 8331 times
rambo

Post by rambo »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 am Please, anyone, please do let us know if you change a pharmacy's stance on this..
Hi Trev,

I spoke to my Pharmacist and showed him a print out of the link quoted by Mr. Blobby and he pointed out, predictably, that the link was not to the GESY site and therefore could not be considered factual. I then contacted the author of the article in the link at In Cyprus asking for a link to his source of information but so far have had no response. I am not yet registered with GESY and cannot access their site for details but I believe you and others under this subject can. Could you or anyone else who has access to these changes send me a link to an official GESY statement on this.

Paul.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I found this , “Will the GHS cover original products as well or just generics? The GHS will fully cover some original products in case that the product is under patent or there is no generic product available in the catalogue.
The use of generics aims at saving resources. The savings made by the GHS in this manner will be used to compensate for new medicines that are increasingly costly due to the new technologies used in their production as well as to cover increased demands due to the increase of aging population .”

A link that you don’t have to be enrolled in Gesy to view .

https://www.gesy.org.cy/sites/Sites?d=D ... calcarefaq

Last edited by Mrblobby on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I registered with a GP directly and unfortunately at the moment I have no access to web sites or links ..
Trev..
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

The screenshots look like demo / training / marketing material than a copy of an actual patients record. The dates give it away.

Surely a pharmacist would not know what a patients record looks like.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:26 pm I registered with a GP directly and unfortunately at the moment I have no access to web sites or links ..
Being registered doesn't mean you have been enrolled in GESY.

Once your application has been approved (you get an email) you see the doctor who follows a process whereby he gives you a code and you receive a second 10 character code by email. You enter both of them in your GESY account which then gives you access to all your medical details.
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

Alewfin wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:43 pm
trevnhil wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:26 pm I registered with a GP directly and unfortunately at the moment I have no access to web sites or links ..

Once your application has been approved (you get an email) you see the doctor who follows a process whereby he gives you a code and you receive a second 10 character code by email. You enter both of them in your GESY account which then gives you access to all your medical details.
My doctor has my medical records, why would I want to access all my medical details?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

So from your comment do you infer that we are not registered with Gesy and that when I try to use the doctor and get medicines I will not be allowed to ?? Hopefully if I get an appointment when I ring on Monday, I will soon find out..

Are there any other members that have 'joined' Gesy by giving all the paperwork to the doctor... received a detailed Gesy document, but have not had an email ????
Trev..
Varky

Post by Varky »

It seems that people are following several routes to get registration, with differing levels of success. Personally I/we did it all on-line and submitted the required documentation by post to Nicosia, received approval after 3 weeks by email, chose and received via email acceptance of our requested GP within 48hours and have signed the necessary 'contract'. My wife has already received an appointment for a routine X-ray within 3 weeks via our GP, for which we will have to pay €10.

That is my/our experience.....seamless.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Mrblobby wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:19 pm I found this , “Will the GHS cover original products as well or just generics? The GHS will fully cover some original products in case that the product is under patent or there is no generic product available in the catalogue.
The use of generics aims at saving resources. The savings made by the GHS in this manner will be used to compensate for new medicines that are increasingly costly due to the new technologies used in their production as well as to cover increased demands due to the increase of aging population .”

A link that you don’t have to be enrolled in Gesy to view .

https://www.gesy.org.cy/sites/Sites?d=D ... calcarefaq

Hi Mr. Blobby,

Thanks for that hopefully he will accept this one as factual.

Paul.
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:09 am Hopefully the prescription was for 6 months and you got 1 months supply.. When you revisit the pharmacy each month then it should still be on their computer ..
So my wife went to see a gynecologist who prescribed some meds, went to a different chemist , chemist just asked her name, found her on the computer and gave her the meds the dr prescribed ten minutes earlier, she also said, I see you have more meds to pick up , the second amount of the six month prescription she said just come back in a weeks time and pick them up , no need to go back to the dr, happy days
Last edited by WHL on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

This afternoon I went to see the GP that registered for us... I got a prescription for 6 months supply of tablets.. I went to a pharmacy with the paper prescription and the pharmacist also looked it up on line.. I left with one months supply of tablets and instructions as to when I could collect the next months supply..

Despite what has been said above, I think I am indeed enrolled in GESY..
Trev..