gated communities in Paphos

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
hamski

gated communities in Paphos

Post by hamski »

Anyone live/ knows anyone who lives/ in a Paphos gated community?
On a quick online search, I found these, as examples:
http://blog.cyprus101.com/exclusive-gat ... residences
http://www.eleaestate.com/en/residences

Never lived in one myself, nor know anyone who has.
Lazydaze52

Re: gated communities in Paphos

Post by Lazydaze52 »

No experience of gated communities but re your link to Elea, nothing there apart from the golf course and a show villa and it’s been like that since we arrived four years ago.

I gather the whole development has recently been resold so maybe there will be some new homes built soon
hamski

Post by hamski »

Thanks, Lazy dayz

I didn't know that.

I wonder whether "normal' gated communities (w/out a golf course!) would be an option.
That is, whether their security is good enough, and their fees not too crazy.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Hi Hamski
Not sure where you live in the UK but crime in Cyprus is no where near as bad compered to the UK.
There is a lot of crime reported locally in the newspapers etc, but these sorts of crimes are not even mentioned in the UK press/news.
If you want a gated community lifestyle be prepared for high community charges.
David
hamski

Post by hamski »

Just looking at all the options.
Thanks.
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

The first link on the OP post will not open. It just goes to "Oops! That page can’t be found"

The only gated community I can think off in Paphos itself rather than those on the periphery is Queen''s Gardens next to the Mall on the TOTK road
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

There are no gated communities here at present but there would be premium annual fees for this service as there is in Spain
memory man

Post by memory man »

What are the benefits of gates?

It obviously will stop vehicles entering, but would
it prevent people getting in?
hamski

Post by hamski »

I found this, for example, claiming to be a gated community
https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1573758
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have seen a few gated complexes around eg Elysia Park in Universal which I believe is for holidaymakers and also smaller ones with just a few villas or a complex eg St Nicholas Residence in Chloraka.

I think they are a great idea, particularly as the ungated complex where I live had a visit from a burglar a few weekends ago and he broke into the storage rooms in the covered car park and selectively removed items. The perpetrator was seen leaving the complex in his vehicle which he had parked in one of the allocated parking spaces - at high speed.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Flossie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:01 pm Some people are confusing 'gated communities' with complexes that have gates that need a key fob or code to be entered therefore allowing access!
Can you explain the difference please?
hamski

Post by hamski »

The point is about improving peace of mind through better security, and considering the options.

If a decent 'genuine' gated community were available, perhaps some people who had been victims
of burglary might think it a viable future option. Depends on budget, of course.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Hi hamski,

Which part of the UK are you living at the moment.

Don't tease!
hamski

Post by hamski »

As you asked, Memory Man, I live in Tokyo.

I'm looking at Cyprus, Switzerland, and Malaysia to move;
Tokyo is great but its taxes ain't...
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

hamski wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:02 pm As you asked, Memory Man, I live in Tokyo.

I'm looking at Cyprus, Switzerland, and Malaysia to move;
Tokyo is great but its taxes ain't...
Switzerland crime rate 3%
Cyprus 27.56%
Malaysia 72.5%
Japan less than 1%
So after Japan Switzerland wins
David
JimX

Post by JimX »

Gated complexes what is the point?, and do not lose that entrance card or you cannot get out or in, do not bother. Crime here is low not matter what you read, and although lovely Switzerland is boring over policed, and it is a very long walk to the beach and cold too. :lol:
Jim.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Flossie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:12 pm Gated Communities are like a mini village with facilities like shops, banks etc whereas a gated complex tends to be just properties perhaps with a reception area/admin. Needless to say the management fees on a gated community are far far higher than on a complex and I agree that tehre aren't ant gated communities as such around here except perhaps some areas up at Aphrodite Hills!
Thank you for the detailed explanation - when we lived in the Middle East we were in a gated community which had all the facilities on-site plus a daily bus service to the various supermarkets, souks etc and even its own chauffeur driven taxis!
JimX

Post by JimX »

Flossie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:55 pm Excuse me but if you are silly enough to lose your card there is always a maintenance person or security to help you, and they don't let just anyone in! It works perfectly well on the complex in Chlorakas where I have had a property since 2004! I lived in it myself for many years but since I married and moved villages it is now rented out!

Excuse me!! Vicky.

Now you have never of course lost anything, and you do not need to be silly to lose or break entrance gate keys, most gated communities I have seen do not have any security personnel, the one over the road near us is always breaking down, completely unnecessary in my opinion.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

JimX wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:45 pm Gated complexes what is the point?, and do not lose that entrance card or you cannot get out or in, do not bother. Crime here is low not matter what you read, and although lovely Switzerland is boring over policed, and it is a very long walk to the beach and cold too. :lol:
You could say the same thing about a front door key.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hamski ,
You are on about crime and burglaries yet again! I have done my best to reassure you as have many others. What more should we say?

As I posted on this board yesterday you really need to come here to see the island of Cyprus for yourself and see if you really want to live here.

Dee