Arson at a local animal sanctuary!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Galini

Re: Arson at a local animal sanctuary!

Post by Galini »

Whenever I think that I've seen or heard the worst about humans something else happens to prove me wrong !

I don't know what else to say

:cry: :cry: :cry:
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

So very sad. Can't find the story on the link provided Vicky.
Louise :)
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

No, I can’t download this link as well.

Dee
memory man

Post by memory man »

This is what it says

Updated Information:

We would like to confirm that we were extremely lucky this time and no dogs lost their lives. Alot of them are very traumatised by this extremely frightening experience and we will work over the next period of time to try and make them feel safe again. Thank you for all your thoughts and offers of help. For anyone wishing to donate our PayPal address is as follows:
alexsfarmofstrays@hotmail.com
For bank details please send us a message and we will provide them to you.

Today with great regret I have to write the most unpleasant post I ever shared on this page. Around noon at (13:30) not long after I had left the shelter and went back home to get some rest, I received a phone call from the Paphos fire department I couldn’t believe something like that would ever happen as they informed me that an individual had set fire to the dog shelter and that the poor dogs were about to be burnt alive while in their cages. I cannot understand how someone out there thought this through and decided to stalk the shelter and do something so evil as soon as I left. Without any remorse or sympathy towards the innocent, unprotected animals that have suffered so much. This so-called ‘’human’’ decided that he wants to get rid of these dogs today, dogs that me and the shelter’s volunteers care for day by day. These monsters live among us, they have families and kids and jobs and will go on about their day after this. Because they think that they have the power and right to do so, they think they can decide about the lives of stray dogs in this country.
For many years, local councils around here have been trying to close down our shelter, one way or another. Even though we do their job, and take care of so many dogs that they don’t care to look after. The locals around here won’t even bother to do something about it in their villages let alone lend us a hand or bother to give any kind of help to our dog shelter. I can’t believe how hard they try to close us down with every excuse or reason they can think of, when they know that the government would never protect or care to do what we been doing for so many years. These people believe that the solution to this problem is of course death, euthanasia or even fire! None of the neighbouring councils have ever been interested in working with us. No village around here has a shelter for stray dogs, as they think it’s easier to poison them or shoot them than to capture them off the streets and try to find homes for them.
I don’t understand how someone woke up today and thought that setting fire to our shelter and burning our dogs would end the problem. When will people stop taking matters into their own hands when there are laws for the rights of these animals? Our work will never stop whether they like or not. We can’t stop caring for these strays when no one else does. All we ask for is the government’s protection and assistant in doing so. There are so many cases where the indifference of the police and the state has led to people doing monstrous things. And no one steps in until it’s too late. And this almost costed the lives of so many innocent dogs today. When will the police, or the Veterinary Services, finally do something?
We NOW want to ask for the immediate help of all the loving people out there who can foster or even adopt one of the dogs that were so traumatised today. We urgently need any donation or volunteers who want to help protect these strays in our care in order to avoid something so despicable in the future.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

How strange that the link is not opening for some. I can see it and a picture, what a dreadful thing for someone to have done :-(
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lost for words :(
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I was furious when I read this yesterday and openly posted how I would love to be in the queue to light the flame when they catch the perpetrator.
There was a response from the fb page which indicated that luckily, none of the dogs were injured by the fire due to the swiftness of attendance from the firefighters.
However, the dogs are all traumatised and now poor Alex has to start to get them to trust and put their faith in humans once again.....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"