first experience visiting GESY doctor

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: first experience visiting GESY doctor

Post by WHL »

So just spoke with my wife, she has been to three different chemists today in Larnaca, all in the same situation, they are all ringing each other trying to borrow drugs of each other, she had to leave the prescription with one chemist and he will ring his suppliers to try and get the meds, but he didn't sound very hopeful, good job we have a couple of weeks supply at home.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks WHL... it is just so puzzling as to why the widespread shortage.. There are just about the same number of patients... And they needed roughly the same medication last month before Gesy..
But now all of a sudden there is a BIG shortage of medicines ???
Trev..
rambo

Post by rambo »

Mrblobby wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:34 pm
lefkes wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:03 pm
wilky wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:35 pm Just been to GESY doctor and pharmacy got prescription on the doctors computer and a paper copy which the pharmacy took and found on the system but she did not have all the meds said she would ring when they got supplies in.Next day she phoned and we picked up meds for 3.48 euros one of those items i was paying 88 euros for so am well pleased with the new system.Today got an email from GESY confirming my collection from the pharmacy and telling me my maximum annual co-payment would be 150 euro and i have spent 3 euro co-payment.Very impressed so far.
Dear ,Wilky, You mention that you were able to receive a medication through Gesy which you have been paying 88 euros for ,would it be possible to say if this is a product called Eliquis apixaban for which I have been buying for the same cost ?.I would be delighted to save this amount of cash per month. Thanks in advance. Lefkes.
This looks like a plus side of Gesy .

Changes for patients
*Over the counter pharmaceuticals will remain outside the system. This means patients will have to pay for them out of pocket
*There will be a prescription fee of €1. Patients who not want the generic pharmaceutical prescribed, can opt to buy a more expensive brand pharmaceutical and cover the difference in price
*If there is no generic the GHS will fully cover the brand pharmaceutical
*GHS participants will not need to pay anything for medicine administered while in hospital
*The GHS will fully cover innovative medicine
*The GHS will fully cover the medicine prescribed by a doctor, even if there is a generic
*If the doctor is not part of the GHS, patients will have to pay for the medicine
*In the event of a chronic illness, doctors can give a prescription valid for six months so as not to inconvenience the patient. *However the patient can only collect a month’s supply at a time from the pharmacy.

Below is an extract from the official list .
Hi Mr Blobby,

Very interesting to read particularly firstly "If there is no generic the GHS will fully cover the brand pharmaceutical", as both my Cardiologist and my Pharmacist have told me that as there is no Generic for Ezetrol I will have to pay, could you give me a link to these extracts from the GHS regulations?
Secondly Is Aliquis Apixaban the replacement for Warfarin that does not require the frequent INR test?

Paul.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Rambo this is the link .

https://in-cyprus.com/initial-list-of-p ... 3O34OwmvLs

Sorry I know nothing about Aliquis Apixaban .
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Mrblobby wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:37 pm Rambo this is the link .

https://in-cyprus.com/initial-list-of-p ... 3O34OwmvLs

Sorry I know nothing about Aliquis Apixaban .
Unfortunately the list is not alphabetical by drug name, but by code. Because its a Pdf, it makes searching impossible to find a particular drug. (unless I'm missing something!)
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

If you use acrobat it lets you use word search .
rambo

Post by rambo »

Thanks Mr. Blobby, now that I have that I can show them and hopefully get the Ezetrol under the GHS. I did a google for Aliquis Apixaban and I'm pretty sure it is the alternative to Warfarin for my conditions.
Paul
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Please, anyone, please do let us know if you change a pharmacy's stance on this..
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Trev, perhaps the Gov have been trying to negotiate ambitiously low prices for the drugs with the drug companies and to lower the gap between what we pay and what they have to fund, the drug companies won’t lower their prices and there is an interruption in supplies until resolved?

Ian
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

That is a possibility but I have no idea how probable it is :-)
Trev..
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I've just ordered 6 mo supply of 100mg Losarton BP tabs from ZAVA on-line, £27. They'll deliver to my daughter in UK free delivery & she'll post them to me. I cannot be left with a possibility of running out in 1 1/2 weeks!

I've also emailed the British High Commission in Nicosea suggesting the UK could in the short term, release to Cyprus, some of the huge medicine 'Brexit stockpile'
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I do wonder if Britain stockpiling is creating the shortages in Cyprus. I have heard if already short supplies of some drugs in the UK as well, so maybe more than any brexit effect
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Our first experience for an appointment at evangelismos today , we had already registered a few weeks ago .

Lots of people milling about wanting to get registered and trying to push their way in . They have now put notices up to say you only get to see doctor by appointment .

Our doctor put his foot down and told them he had patients to see who had made appointments , so we soon got in . He entered our prescriptions details and printed them off , only 4 months ?

I asked him about a verification code and he did not know what it was , said he will make inquiries .

The verification code is what you need to complete the on line registration .

Went to a pharmacy , had only half our meds , said he will have them tomorrow .

I am sure it will get better .
WHL

Post by WHL »

So my wife went to the chemist this morning, to see what was happening with our prescription, which she left with him last week, had the blood pressure and cholesterol pills, but none of the heart meds, he gave her a receipt to say they were paid for and will call her when they arrive, bad news is there is no stock on island, she only has about a weeks supply left, so we are going to try and get them from abroad, looks like a big cock up , re the meds stock on island.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

This seem strange to me, that you have yet to complete the online registration, but you have had an appointment with your Gesy GP...
Hopefully it will all get sorted, sooner rather than later..
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am This seem strange to me, that you have yet to complete the online registration, but you have had an appointment with your Gesy GP...
Hopefully it will all get sorted, sooner rather than later..
This is where I need the verification code to complete my on line registration .

I wonder if anyone else has done it ?
Attachments
E96E17D7-FF8E-480B-8296-17877BAACE9E.jpeg
E96E17D7-FF8E-480B-8296-17877BAACE9E.jpeg (98.04 KiB) Viewed 6642 times
darrow

Post by darrow »

Mrblobby wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:29 pm This is where I need the verification code to complete my on line registration .

I wonder if anyone else has done it ?
Still waiting for ours. Coming into 6th week! :roll:
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Yes, I've done it and it's very simple. You need to ask the doctor with whom you're registered for this code.
wilky

Post by wilky »

Hi Mrblobby have been to doctor got meds then rang her for the verification number but told they are very busy at the moment just wondering were you get the second verification number says from email which i persume would be from GESY.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

According to GESY your doctor gives you his code and then emails you another code.

You then enter both in your Beneficiary record.

The problem we found is that our doctor give us his code but we never received an accompanying email.

I rang GESY who said that our email addresses should be on the Doctors profile.

We spoke to the doctor who confirmed that he could see our correct email addresses on OUR records.

We agreed with the Doctor that his patients email addresses should not be on his profile. The patients email addresses should reside on the patients record (I used to design major application systems and could tell immediately that the GESY help desk did not fully understand their own systems from their verbal explanations)

A week ago I sent off an email to GESY asking for a solution. I haven't received a reply so have sent off another email.