Electricity prices to rise by more than 5% in June

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Electricity prices to rise by more than 5% in June

Post by trevnhil »

OUCH !!! :-(
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Flossie wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:52 am Possibly because they have nothing better to do with their time than stare at the bottom of their half empty glass!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
As the new Power Station, ( if its ever build) will be run on gas, this is from todays Cyprus Mail.... still holding your breath? ;) :lol:

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/06/13/conc ... gy-prices/
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Uncle D wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:40 am
Flossie wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 am To strengthen my earlier post that was met with scornful derisory remarks here is the story about the new power station that will hopefully signal the end of the AIK monopoly extortionate prices!

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/02/16/priv ... gy-sector/
Thanks for that Flossie.
Why does the 'I'm alright Jack' panel brigade feel the need to smugly hijack any thread to do with EAC electricity prices?
Very simple, because one has to point out which huge advantage photovoltaic systems in Cyprus can achieve, not to mention the old fashioned idea to produce electricity with fossil fuel (and even get EU money for it!) from the new power station to be built with gas turbines... :roll:
Even the German Gov's railway company, Deutsche Bahn will produce in the near future their electricity with photovoltaic modules, and in Germany it is not that sunny to get a lot out of it, but they are going to do it. In Germany the average you can produce from 1 kWp installed modules is 850 kWh/year while in Cyprus with a simple system 1800 kWh, with an advanced one even 20% more....

Max
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 am
Flossie wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 am To strengthen my earlier post that was met with scornful derisory remarks here is the story about the new power station that will hopefully signal the end of the AIK monopoly extortionate prices!

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/02/16/priv ... gy-sector/
Thanks for that Flossie.
Why does the 'I'm alright Jack' panel brigade feel the need to smugly hijack any thread to do with EAC electricity prices?
Very simple, because one has to point out which huge advantage photovoltaic systems in Cyprus can achieve, not to mention the old fashioned idea to produce electricity with fossil fuel (and even get EU money for it!) from the new power station to be built with gas turbines... :roll:
Even the German Gov's railway company, Deutsche Bahn will produce in the near future their electricity with photovoltaic modules, and in Germany it is not that sunny to get a lot out of it, but they are going to do it. In Germany the average you can produce from 1 kWp installed modules is 850 kWh/year while in Cyprus with a simple system 1800 kWh, with an advanced one even 20% more....

Max
Yes it is simple, we all know the advantage of having a photovoltaic system, but as pointed out time and time again not all of us are in a position to purchase one of these systems, and it is we who complain about the costs that seemingly do not affect you, and as they do not affect you why even put comments.
Why dont you start your own threads compering each others costs and patting each other on the back instead of boring us all with your own self satisfaction, and I will be able to ignore those posts just like I do with your fish lunch pictures.
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

:roll:
Uncle D wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 pm
cyprusmax47 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 am

Thanks for that Flossie.

Max
Yes it is simple, we all know the advantage of having a photovoltaic system, but as pointed out time and time again not all of us are in a position to purchase one of these systems, and it is we who complain about the costs that seemingly do not affect you, and as they do not affect you why even put comments.
Why dont you start your own threads compering each others costs and patting each other on the back instead of boring us all with your own self satisfaction, and I will be able to ignore those posts just like I do with your fish lunch pictures.
What a childish post :roll:
JimX

Post by JimX »

Many of us have looked into Photovoltaic panels and feel it would not be advantageous, for instance it may take an older person too long to cover their expensive cost, for sure it would us, 7K buys a lot of electricity with the advantage of not having 14 panels on the roof, no thanks.

For some yes but not everyone.
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

WHL wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 pm What a childish post :roll:
You mixing it again :lol:
David
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Apologies for butting in on this topic but a couple of points. We had a quote for solar panels & like Jim decided it didn't make financial sence at our age & as it's been wissing down here for the last week or two I doubt we would have generated much but in sunny Cyprus a different matter and as more people go this route presumably the generating company make less profit & increase their charges to keep shareholders happy
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It is possible to disagree with each other without getting incredibly childish. I was going to stick this thread in the Pit, as I am fed up with petty squabbling.

However, the actual thread itself is useful, as are solar panels, if you can afford them. I think Max was just pointing out that they can now be less expensive than you might think. This technology is improving all the time.

But less of the personal attacks, especially in the General Discussions forum. Save them for the Brexit threads in Politcs.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I do agree it is usually the same members, mabe deal with them? your forum of course. good luck.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This is me addressing everybody.

The forum is run primarily for the members, all of them. All I ask is that some common courtesy be shown. There aren't any "bad apples" any more. People may disagree. That is fine, and quite frankly, encouraged. If we were all in constant agreement it would be a bit weird.

But do so respectfully, all of you, and especially in the General Discussions section.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Happy with my bill up to 2nd June - however it was up by just over €5 compared to last year and I had only used 1 unit more. Appreciate this doesn't include the recent announcement, but so long as I keep within my budgeted amount I'm not really bothered.