Where to take lost dog?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Cherry345

Where to take lost dog?

Post by Cherry345 »

Hope someone can help point me in the right direction, a neighbor of mine this morning found a dog asleep in his garage, he is popping up to the council offices to see if anyone has lost a dog, but this poor little thing looks half starved and the neighbor thinks he must be a hunting dog, I told him I would post on here to see where to take lost dogs as I haven't a clue.
Thanks
Cherry345

Re: Where to take lost dog?

Post by Cherry345 »

Thanks Flossie, I will look them up and give them a call....you are a star...
darrow

Post by darrow »

Lost and found animals on FB. People are always looking or finding on there although it sounds as though it is a dumped dog.
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Thanks Darrow, I never thought of Facebook, I don't have an account but hubby does so something to remember if we come across another stray.
Paws shelter was full but Paphiakos has space for him, although the neighbour is keeping him for a day or two as he has informed the village offices, so if no one comes to get him we have offered to take him down there....the poor little thing peed himself when I went to stroke him....so sad.
cashew

Post by cashew »

Sadly we had a very similar situation about 6 weeks ago when a beautiful, gentle beagle cross bitch was left on our front door step. Having fed her she would not move and looked pregnant, PAWS was full and could take no more dogs especially if they had not been vaccinated and neither could the dog shelter in Trimothousa. As we care for 19 feral cats and have 3 of our own, we could not take her in. Our vet confirmed that she was not microchipped. The excellent vets checked that she was only just pregnant and was able to be spayed. She was fully vaccinated and kept for 14 days by which time, PAWS was able to take her and she is currently being homed in the UK. Good ending for her. Suddenly having to find €350 vet bill was no joke for us and I would love to find the person who callously dumped her on our doorstep!
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

I had some lovely news earlier about the little lost dog that was found in my neighbours garage, they are going to keep him, I must admit I had a damp face when they told me as what a wonderful outcome....I didn't think it was possible as they are going back to the Czech Republic with their two children in the middle of June, but they took the little dog down to the vets this morning and the vet said he could get all his vaccinations done in time as well as the pet passport....how incredible and what beautiful people they are...so a good outcome after all.

Cashew....what a totally amazing thing for you to do, even though you couldn't take her in you did everything possible for her, and to find 350 of your own money is heartwarming....sometimes in the midst of just hearing about awful things in the world, to hear such lovely endings to stories is beautiful....and now that lovely girl is in the UK thanks to you and Paws....thank you so much for sharing that story....

Now I just have to hope that someone can sort out the dog that for months has been tied up to a tree with the people only coming back at the weekends, I can see him from our driveway and he literally hasn't moved from this tree in months, he is such a sad little soul, he does have some kind of water thing attached to the tree for water but it is heartbreaking to see him....today we found the Government Vet place down by D & N vets but it was closed, I just hope when I go down on Monday that they will do something, as I have a horrible feeling that I might do something drastic which probably won't be a good thing.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Two wonderful postings that lift up our hearts, congratulation to you both for your kindness in a truly bad world unfortunately not unusual on Cyprus, I wish both dogs a happy long life.

I am with Vicky, we will never get used to the treatment of animals here..
Jim.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:03 pm

Now I just have to hope that someone can sort out the dog that for months has been tied up to a tree with the people only coming back at the weekends, I can see him from our driveway and he literally hasn't moved from this tree in months,.....
It was exactly the same story about my dog "Lucky". She was rescued from some animal lovers (just taken off that chain) skin and bones, but after care, food and vaccination she recovered fast and was given to me as the people which found her could not have another large dog ...

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

So sorry to hear about you losing your dogs Flossie, it can take a while to get over the worst of it all, but what a beautiful life they must have had with you, and to get them to a good age of 14 is really amazing and shows how well cared for they were.
We had 2 German Shepherd sisters from puppies and we lost one of them a while ago, they were inseparable as well and the other has gone downhill since, but she is coming up to 14 so I guess its to be expected, it's not easy seeing them through old age either is it.
Max I love the picture of your Lucky, she looks just like our dog, I love hearing rescue stories.

So this morning we found the Government Vet office and told them all about the dog that is tied to a tree, they took my name and phone number and the address of where to find the dog and said someone would check it out, they also said someone might contact me for more details, so I really hope something gets sorted out soon, I am sure I will post back with the outcome and will bother them again if nothing gets done.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Such super rescue stories here, well done lovely people :)

So sorry to hear about your dogs V, such a caring person, but we can't predict the lives of our animals sadly. Rainbow Bridge keeps me going when I lose a cat!

Jacs x