Can things get worse?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Can things get worse?

Post by WHL »

When you think things can't get any worse, this buffoon, comes along

Jim B

Re: Can things get worse?

Post by Jim B »

WHL
I'm a great believer in that you get what you deserve.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Were Labour insisting on a second referendum though?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I thought Labour were still divided themselves. I didn't think Corbyn wanted one.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jim B wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:55 pm WHL

Jim
No one in the UK , deserve this bunch of clowns, calling themselves politicians .
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

WHL wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Jim
No one in the UK , deserve this bunch of clowns, calling themselves politicians .
It's the people who voted these clowns in. Many are now rallying around to support Farage who was caught defrauding the EU over expenses and made to pay the money back. He's a proven liar and charlaton accused of helping his pals to sell sterling short on the night of the referendum and people are still paying £25 to support his "company" ; not party. BOJO another known fraudster is the darling of the Tory rank and file and could even become PM even though he's is facing the possibility of a court case and prison for misleading the public while in public office and people are still supporting him.
As I said I believe we get what we deserve.

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jim B wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:24 pm
WHL wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Jim
It's the people who voted these clowns in. Many are now rallying around to support Farage who was caught defrauding the EU over expenses and made to pay the money back. He's a proven liar and charlaton accused of helping his pals to sell sterling short on the night of the referendum and people are still paying £25 to support his "company" ; not party. BOJO another known fraudster is the darling of the Tory rank and file and could even become PM even though he's is facing the possibility of a court case and prison for misleading the public while in public office and people are still supporting him.
As I said I believe we get what we deserve.

Jim
You make a good point, but you can count on one hand, the MPs who are not self serving liars, and charlatons, from all four corners pf Parliament,
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Farage was called “A PoundStore Enoch Powell one question time, so years ago” - a very apt description.

Farage was in the National Front as a student and is a complete racist. He’s also not very bright and uses the usual trick of continually saying the same phrases. Much like other ‘popular’ leaders have done before..... although Farage was never elected a leader - he has assumed the front line in a company that is standing people to be elected to never take seats and he will waltz off with the money. He has been financially supported by Banks for years. Anyone who supports him is brainless.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jim B

Post by Jim B »

HIC
You beat me to the post on the gifts from Arron Banks; it appears the EU is looking into it as a matter of urgency as it appears Farage has broken the rules by failing to declare any of them.
Brexiteers are now calling for Farage to lead exit negociations; you couldn't make it up.
I attached another link from Bloomberg relating to Farage, the referendum and short selling.

Jim

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 18946.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... -the-crash
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

As far as I am concerned they are all worse than pond scum. However, if that's who the people vote for then so be it. I will ahem the same attitude if Corby does win an election. Such is life, off to sit by the pool with a book! 8-)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

No, sorry. That doesn't wash. Farage wins the corruption stakes by a country mile.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Can things get worse? Well, the UK was last in Eurovision contest. :( :( :(
lionelcyprus

Post by lionelcyprus »

Devil wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:50 am Can things get worse? Well, the UK was last in Eurovision contest. :( :( :(
How did I miss that?!
I did a google search on Boris Johnson / May / who is worse
and I got this article, dated yesterday, - interesting - in The Spectator.
" Cometh the hour: Boris Johnson may be the Tories' best hope".
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/com ... best-hope/
Seems to argue that the worse things get, the better it is for Boris.
Dominus illuminatio mea
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Boris would be the very worst I could imagine, barring Rees-Mogg who I think everyone knows is unelectable.

Boris is a an absolute charlatan and if he gets elected, then those who think Corbyn would be bad, will live to rue the day Johnson took power.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Cameron is to blame for the mess we're in as I see it. He should have had the outline of a policy in place to cover a 'leave' vote, but he was so sure that project fear would win, that it didn't even occur to him to do so. I understand that he has now legged it to France, and good riddance.

Whatever happens now, I just hope to God that the traitorous Corbyn doesn't become Prime Minister, or else we are truly done for.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I honestly see noo diffence to the screw-up Corbyn would make, to the screw-up Johnson would make - in fact, only the rich would benefit under Johnson....
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Tony Blair was interviewed on LBC yesterday and actually said something sensible, that a second vote should be for No-Deal Brexit or for Remain. Whatever was voted for should now pass. He quoted NI and RoI referendums, where 2 referenda (referendii?) were held for the outcome, now that people knew the implications that they didn't in 2016.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Well one of the lead Brexit Supporters, Liam Fox has finally admitted what Remain has been saying all along about creating new trade deals; the UK will be worse off.

Jim

https://www.businessinsider.com/says-li ... ief-2019-3
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgward wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:21 pm Tony Blair was interviewed on LBC yesterday and actually said something sensible, that a second vote should be for No-Deal Brexit or for Remain. Whatever was voted for should now pass. He quoted NI and RoI referendums, where 2 referenda (referendii?) were held for the outcome, now that people knew the implications that they didn't in 2016.

Tony Blair the War Criminal, why would any right thinking person, believe a word he says?