GESY ENROLLMENT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Re: GESY ENROLLMENT

Post by Mrblobby »

Originally I was here as dependent on my wife’s entitlement to S1 , we both had an S1 certificate each from the Uk .

Our Cyprus white card has both our names on it .

I am expecting to get an S1 each from the uk when our new ones arrive .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Like you I am awaiting the postman. But unlike you I am only expecting one S1 with both names on it..
Time will tell :-)
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

Got a reply from GESy after it wouldn't recognize our post code ...
Their answer was to choose a post code it would recognize!
Meaning of course that anything sent to us in the post wouldn't get to us....
BarryW49

Post by BarryW49 »

My wife and I enrolled this werk at Veramedica, Chloraka ( Dr Marla), who has a dedicated person to enrol patients. All we needed was our MEU3 forms. Didn't need S1 forms, which we still have, passports or any other documentation.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

So if you didn't need the S1 forms does this mean you will be paying a percentage to the system via the income tax returns ?
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Good question trevnhil because as I understand the system it is only S1 holders and their beneficiaries who will not pay any contributions to GESY.

There are 4 categories for Non-Cypriots to be eligible for GESY healthcare:

If you are an EU or other third country citizen and you legally reside in Cyprus, you can enrol to the GHS, provided you meet the requirements of one the major beneficiary eligibility categories below:

1. Working in Cyprus - I am a Non-Cypriot and I am working in Cyprus.
Citizens who are legally working and have their ordinary residence in the areas controlled by the Cyprus Government are entitled to healthcare services under the GHS.
Major population groups falling into this category*:
EU citizens working in Cyprus with MEU1 permit
 3rd Country nationals, i.e. domestic workers

2. Permanently residing in Cyprus - I am a Non-Cypriot and I live permanently in Cyprus.
Citizens who have the right of Permanent Residence according to National Legislation and who have their ordinary residence in the areas controlled by the Cyprus Government are entitled to healthcare services under GHS.
EU citizens with MEU3 permit
 3rd Country nationals with MEU3 permit
 3rd Country nationals with Immigration permit
 3rd Country nationals with long term residence permit

3. S1 holders residing in Cyprus - I am a Non-Cypriot and I have an S1 document.
Citizens who are S1 holders and who have their ordinary residence in the areas controlled by the Cyprus Government are entitled to healthcare services under GHS. The S1 document is issued by the EU member state where you are insured. The S1 document certifies your entitlement to
healthcare if you don't live in the country where you are insured.
EU pensioners with S1 document
 EU posted workers with S1 document
 3rd Country Nationals who are pensioners with S1 document
 3rd Country Nationals posted worker with S1 document

4. Family members of Beneficiaries residing in Cyprus - I am a Non-Cypriot and I am a family member of a GHS beneficiary.
Family members who are spouses, minors and dependent children under the age of 26 and who do not fulfil any other GHS eligibility criteria, are entitled to healthcare services under GHS, as family members of a person who is already a GHS beneficiary. These people must also have their
ordinary residence in the areas controlled by the Cyprus Government.
EU citizens who are spouses of a GHS beneficiary (either Cypriot or Non-Cypriot)
 EU citizens who are minors or dependent children under the age of 26 of a GHS beneficiary
(either Cypriot or Non-Cypriot)

 3rd Country Nationals who are spouses of a GHS beneficiary (either Cypriot or Non-Cypriot)
 3rd Country Nationals who are minors or dependent children under the age of 26 of a GHS beneficiary (either Cypriot or Non-Cypriot)
*Other population groups may fall into this category if they fulfil the criteria set by national and EU legislation (i.e Alien and Immigration Law, The right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States Law and EU Regulation on the Coordination of Social Security Systems).
Last edited by galexinda on Thu May 09, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

This is a very useful document: GHS ENROLMENT - A STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR NON-CYPRIOT NATIONALS

https://www.gesy.org.cy/sites/Sites?d=D ... eficiaries
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

In order to get the Cyprus Medical Card the S1 form (previously E121) is handed in and sent with the documents to Nicosia from where the initial Cyprus Medical Card is issued. As part of the GESY registration retirees are being asked to produce their S1 form as proof of entitlement to GESY healthcare. We were originally sent two S1 forms, one for each of us and kept one, so were OK and could go ahead with registration.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Les Bean wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:11 pm Thats my point,surely the possession of a medical card is evidence of entitlement.We have one e121,as my wife had her pension.1st and I am an addition
It's all very well insisting that the medical card is sufficient evidence, but have you rung Newcastle to see if you both can get a S1. Or is it that your wife as a state pensioner can get a S1 but you are still below state pension age? If the latter I am not sure how you can get round that one. Try Newcastle first.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Les Bean wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:14 am We are having problems because we have been here far too long..our permanent residence document number is not recognised by gesy.Our e121 and med card are in one name plus spouse.Looking.at some posts here seems to indicate e121/white card has to be replaced by 2xs1.Is this correct?
I went yesterday with a copy of the E121 , with both names on it, to register and it was accepted. Later we went to the general to register MOH, who wanted to keep the present Doctor. This is no good says the "admin", you have to have an S1. I showed it in my copy of DWP letter stating 2 E121,, were sent, one for Cyprus to keep and one to send back. He then send you have to send your documents to Nicosia, ( my doctor is signing mine as a representative). So the documents have gone to Nicosia with a covering letter, and the DWP letter. We will see what happens! Also we have just had a new E121 in the post, to replace our current one which finishes at the end of My e.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Les Bean wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:22 pm Thanks Darrow.Is your permanent residence permit a `modern´ yellow slip one or an ancient one like mine?
We have a yellow slip! The E121 is exactly the same as an S1, but a predecessor. Mine was, and I know others, have had the white medical card accepted! DWP must be getting fed up with people asking for S1's!
tonee

Post by tonee »

Yes,our medical card was accepted several weeks ago,strange that some are accepted and others are not.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We registered with the health service when we arrived here in 2007. We have a joint Medical card issued in March.. But we are still not able to register (at the moment) with the doctor we requested.. :-(
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Les Bean wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:16 pm Seems I´m the only person on the island with a permanent residence permit which is not a yellow slip!!:-)
According to the British High Commission, there are essentially three residency statuses that British expats are entitled to: MEU1 (registration for residents that want to live in Cyprus for more than three months), MEU3 (residents who have lived in Cyprus for more than five years) and citizenship (residents who lived in Cyprus for more than seven years).
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Les Bean wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:35 pm Quite,but mine is from 1990 !!!and so it is none of those
Maybe it's an Alien Registration Card (ARC). My friend arrived here 30 years ago and that's the only document she possesses. So far, her PD has not questioned it's validity, but she made a visit and didn't attempt to do it on-line.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

REGISTRATION AT THE GENERAL HOSPITAL

13 MAY, 16 MAY, 21 MAY, 23 MAY, 24 MAY
1500 - 1900

Information from a screenshot of the list at the hospital
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well I never knew that you could register with two doctors.. Maybe we will try to get registered with one first :-(
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

David Brown. Did you get a Signed document with the full details of you and the Dr. on the document? This document has a CODE on it for you to enter and so proof of registered Dr. The reason for me asking as I believe that Officially you can only register with ONE Dr.
All things are possible
Varky

Post by Varky »

trevnhil wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:50 pm We registered with the health service when we arrived here in 2007. We have a joint Medical card issued in March.. But we are still not able to register (at the moment) with the doctor we requested.. :-(
Have you completed the "Beneficiary Enrolment Request" form on-line and sent the documentation requested in that process to Nicosia. This, and the subsequent approval from Nicosia, is a prerequisite to being able to register with a doctor, although I think you can ask your doctor to 'save' you a place on their list.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I think you can only register with one Doctor.