GESY ENROLLMENT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Re: GESY ENROLLMENT

Post by Lincoln »

PolemIan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:34 pm We logged in with some trepidation tonight but all went pretty well. Mrs W has created HIO account and registered as a beneficiary and selected the new Dr for Polemi all ok with MEU1 and has added me as dependant, though I need to send some docs off to Nicosia. Only challenge was printing out the enrolment form I need to sign and post as Mac safari browser didn’t like the form download, but worked ok from iOS. On the enrolment form they ask for ordinary residence evidence, but don’t state what’s valid, I’m guessing a utility bill in my name but will call on Thursday and check before posting.

Ian
That's what we did. We sent it all registered post and they signed for it in Nicosia.
All things are possible
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

David

The doctor of my choice was unable to process the application nor anybody elses who went to his office in Polemi last week. If the system works, they aren’t hoops, it’s the published process, and for many people who might not live near to their chosen doctor, or be unable to get there just to register when they are working, using online is a sensible approach. I can easily imagine that If Cyprus had just launched what it claims to be a new modern service, without an online system, we’d all be bitching about how backwards they are and how chaotic it was to queue up just to get a form submitted. To me, I’d rather see Doctors Spending their time on care, not processing paperwork.

Ian
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

PolemIan wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:28 am David

The doctor of my choice was unable to process the application nor anybody elses who went to his office in Polemi last week. If the system works, they aren’t hoops, it’s the published process, and for many people who might not live near to their chosen doctor, or be unable to get there just to register when they are working, using online is a sensible approach. I can easily imagine that If Cyprus had just launched what it claims to be a new modern service, without an online system, we’d all be bitching about how backwards they are and how chaotic it was to quite up just to get a form submitted. To me, I’d rather see Doctors Spending their time on care, not processing paperwork.

Ian
Ian,

Quite agree. Doctors are for people who need treatment not filling in forms for people.

Can you imagine not being able to see a doctor for treatment because there is a queue of people wanting the doctor to process paperwork that can easily be done online by any prospective Beneficiary, who has a computer.

The new health scheme has been designed to enable people to enter their own personal data into the system.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

David Brown wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:00 am Why on earth are you going though these hoops there is absolutely no need, just see the doctor of your choice and it will be done for you.
Why complicate things.
There are two steps. The first is to 'register as a beneficiary'. This will give you access to your personal dashboard and future medical records etc. The second is to 'enrol'. This is the form that has to be printed off and sent to Nicosia and is the one that doctors are filling in for patients or can be done yourself online. The question I have for David Brown is did your doctor do the first step in your name and has he/she therefore given you your username and log in/password in order for you to access your records in the future? This is the reason why many people are chosing to do it themselves and not via the doctor in order to have personal access to the system. It may be the case that if your doctor enrolled for you that you will still be able to set up a beneficiary account retrospectively which should then tie up to your enrolment. Of course for those that don't want online access to their medical account, there is no need to register a beneficiary account.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I phoned DWP this morning on 0044 191 218 1999 option 5 . Re our change of address.

The young man said they were getting lots of calls from Cyprus , our S1s should be with us within 2 weeks .
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

Jeanne,

My understanding is the same as yours. In order to be a Beneficiary of GESY you first have to Register and then Enrol which has to be approved especially if the person has selected S1 as their Eligibility.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be foolish enough to allow another person, even a doctor, to determine their passwords. If this happened it's against all known worldwide good practice and common sense. For a doctor to do this it's probably unethical or even illegal.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have been to register with a doctor this morning, and if I understand correctly there are big problems in the system..
I also thought I heard that there is a meeting today to try to sort out some of the problems..
One being the requirement to show an S1 form when you already have a medical card that was issued because you have given your S1 to the Cyprus Authorities... It is bureaucracy gone mad..
Trev..
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

Re mr blobby's post. I also contacted the S1 people today a very short tel call since I had the ref no and our copies will also be a couple of weeks. Very helpful and cheery lady who said she was getting good at sending them out now.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I did the same and was told they would send one to us...
But I still don't see why we need one.... We provided one when we got the Medical card.. The Cypriot Government are still providing the medical card, so they must know we have S1 status..
Trev..
Varky

Post by Varky »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:23 pm I love Cypriots dearly, but I have dealt with them long enough to know that forethought, planning, organisation, communications and leadership skills do not come easy.
Bit of an understatement there. :D
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yesterday we duly went to our GP to hand in our registration forms for GESY, as usual and just like us expat panic, the surgery was totally full to the rafters with expats like us with white forms in hand, the poor registration lady looked well stressed, can the Cypriots do anything that does not involve huge queues pushing and shoving, we will try at a later date.. :roll:
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

We went to do the same yesterday [ I think it is the same doc as you in Chlorakas ]
at about 10.30.

There were only 2 people in front of me handing in forms, and the young guy
who was accepting registrations was very efficient and we were in and out in
5 minutes.
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

Registered with Dr Dora at the Blue Cross on Wednesday. Just needed copies of Passports, MEU3s and White Medical Cards. All done in a matter of minutes. Just us and one other UK couple there at the time.

Chris
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

David Brown wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:36 am I cannot believe that all your previous records are going to put in a central bank, come on this is Cyprus it won't happen.
I do not think anyone is expecting previous records to be on the system . But hopefully our records will start building up from when the system starts , which I think is a step forward .
Attachments
4160D344-E66B-4F04-95B8-724C185D68B4.jpeg
4160D344-E66B-4F04-95B8-724C185D68B4.jpeg (22.72 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
7285C4FD-9EF3-4C62-A8FE-65B118FD99EB.jpeg
7285C4FD-9EF3-4C62-A8FE-65B118FD99EB.jpeg (103.66 KiB) Viewed 4971 times
Last edited by Mrblobby on Mon May 06, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

There is glitch in the online system reported yesterday. It's hoped to be fixed early next week (w/c 06 May).

Having been to Dr Maxim where we handed over just the MEU3 over a week ago, which was seen to be sufficient, yesterday I received a text from him saying I must take my ARC (presume MEU3) to the Social Insurance office for them to register me on the GESY System. What a pity the SI people don't have access to the Immigration dept database, then it would save another long queue and no doubt additional paperwork! How the Cypriot admin love cutting down trees! :D
JimX

Post by JimX »

Popped in today MM at 10.30am it was still heaving only the one very nice lady was in attendance, she called us straight into the desk and we just handed her our forms, she said she would deal with it when all the rush had settled.

We had as asked for printed copies of our MEU3 I think this is a must have? or maybe just the MEU1? also our S1 medical card again just the copy.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Again it is still a puzzle as to why the Government should wand an S1 from you if you have a medical card. They have had an S1 and it should be in their files.
Trev..
tonee

Post by tonee »

Hi we finalized our enrollment today with our Doctor.The good news is repeat prescriptions will be every six months at any pharmacy. Also can check medical records online.Will miss the queues at the General. :D
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am glad to hear that you can use ANY pharmacy. At one time there was word on the internet that you had to register a one particular pharmacy ..
Trev..
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I did as asked by Dr Maxim & went to Social Insurance office for them to verify my ARC (In my case, MEU3). She made a note of my number starting with 5 on a piece of scrap paper & I left presuming everything now sorted! I confirmed to Dr Maxim by text that I had done as he had requested & immediately received a call from him to say the GESY Registration is in a mess & suggest we wait until the organisation sorts itself out! Very apologetic.

Couldn't organise the proverbial "P*ss up in a brewery", if you ask me. :? :roll: