GESY ENROLLMENT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Re: GESY ENROLLMENT

Post by Mrblobby »

People persist because plenty of others have managed it . It’s a challenge if others can do it , we just don’t want to be beat . ;)
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Hi, trying to establish whether I qualify for GESY health care or not, I’m under retirement age, don’t work and currently pay my tax in the UK. Have emailed the question to the help email address but not had a response yet.

Thanks,

Allan.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Anyone without S1! will not be able to get on a Dr's list.
All things are possible
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Thanks Lincoln, thought that would be the case.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

If you are an EU or other third country citizen and you legally reside in Cyprus, you can enrol to the GHS, provided you meet the requirements of one the major beneficiary eligibility categories below:

1. Working in Cyprus - I am a Non-Cypriot and I am working in Cyprus.
Citizens who are legally working and have their ordinary residence in the areas controlled by the Cyprus Government are entitled to healthcare services under the GHS.

2. Permanently residing in Cyprus - I am a Non-Cypriot and I live permanently in Cyprus.
Citizens who have the right of Permanent Residence according to National Legislation and who have their ordinary residence in the areas controlled by the Cyprus Government are entitled to healthcare services under GHS.

3. S1 holders residing in Cyprus - I am a Non-Cypriot and I have an S1 document.
Citizens who are S1 holders and who have their ordinary residence in the areas controlled by the Cyprus Government are entitled to healthcare services under GHS. The S1 document is issued by the EU member state where you are insured. The S1 document certifies your entitlement to healthcare if you don't live in the country where you are insured.

4. Family members of Beneficiaries residing in Cyprus - I am a Non-Cypriot and I am a family member of a GHS beneficiary.
Family members who are spouses, minors and dependent children under the age of 26 and who do not fulfil any other GHS eligibility criteria, are entitled to healthcare services under GHS, as family members of a person who is already a GHS beneficiary. These people must also have their
ordinary residence in the areas controlled by the Cyprus Government.
josef k

Post by josef k »

David Brown wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:22 pm Why persist in trying one line when it clearly wouldn't work.
Take the advise given by a number of posters and sort it direct with your preferred doctor.
I is so simple.
As i understand it, people still have to go on line and register, whether they get on a doctor's list using the online route or going direct to the doctor.
tonee

Post by tonee »

Incorrect.Saw my preferred GP last Wednesday(he e-mailed forms),accompanied forms with photocopies of MEU3,passport,leccy bill,S1hospital medical card.
Just received e-mails for wife and I from Gesy saying we are now registered with said GP.
Easy peasy,why complicate things?Process took five days!
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Some folk just like to do things the hard way!

It does say, if you don't have access to a computer, just go to a doctor and they'll do the legwork for you.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I'm not sure if this link will work to the list of Pafos Doctors who have signed up for GESY (now 33 to date)

https://portal.gesy.org.cy/beneficiarie ... -providers

IT DOES WORK BUT ONLY AFTER ENROLLMENT - Click on Healthcare Providers on LH side
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jamboal wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:43 am Hi, trying to establish whether I qualify for GESY health care or not, I’m under retirement age, don’t work and currently pay my tax in the UK. Have emailed the question to the help email address but not had a response yet.
Thanks,
Allan.
First fence to jump would be to determine whether you have permission or the right to reside in Cyprus (Have you got a MEU1, MEU3) As you are not yet retired I assume that you don't have an S1.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

David Brown wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 pm tonee
I did not have to produce any documentation just my white medical card.
Why are people making it so difficult?
It is an easy process if you visit your chosen doctor.
It will be interesting to see if you are actually Registered. Have you have info back from GESY to say that you are now registered
All things are possible
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

Lincoln wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:40 am
David Brown wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 pm tonee
I did not have to produce any documentation just my white medical card.
Why are people making it so difficult?
It is an easy process if you visit your chosen doctor.
It will be interesting to see if you are actually Registered. Have you have info back from GESY to say that you are now registered
In order to complete the Registration and Enrolment on the GESY website to become a Beneficiary a person has to enter personal information including passwords of their choice. Without this data a person can not be a Beneficiary of GESY.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

For those who have registered with a doctor is the form you filled in a GHS.3-001 ?

As per this sample .
Attachments
6FD71398-6BB4-432E-B4E4-A20F468F541C.jpeg
6FD71398-6BB4-432E-B4E4-A20F468F541C.jpeg (145.28 KiB) Viewed 5468 times
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Yes
Polly

Post by Polly »

Joseph K

This happened to me. The problem was that on my keyboard the shift plus symbols are interchanged. What happened was that I put in the hashtag and it came out as something else and I didn't realise at first as the passcode is starred out as you enter it. Ended up using a symbol that did work although the hashtag is now working fine.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

As we don’t have a printer will have to get the doctor to do it for us, hopefully.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

So what happens if you don’t have your own S1? I came here with my husband when he retired. We both registered for the Cyprus Govt Health Scheme. I was my husbands dependent and we both had white cards. So what happens now, my husband is no longer alive, and I don’t have an Si as none was issued as I wasn’t working? I do have a pension from the UK Govt...

Anyone know.
Dee
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:42 pm So what happens if you don’t have your own S1? I came here with my husband when he retired. We both registered for the Cyprus Govt Health Scheme. I was my husbands dependent and we both had white cards. So what happens now, my husband is no longer alive, and I don’t have an Si as none was issued as I wasn’t working? I do have a pension from the UK Govt...

Anyone know.
Dee
If you are getting the uk state pension , you can get an S1 . I think you just need to phone them and it arrives fairly quickly .
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Sorry for your loss Dee , although I realise it was some time ago , but having just dug out my paperwork , I see DWP need to notified of any change of circumstances .

As we changed address I now realise that we will have get in touch with them also .
Attachments
7EE3D020-CE83-43FC-A427-41E6AAA38BA7.jpeg
7EE3D020-CE83-43FC-A427-41E6AAA38BA7.jpeg (149.54 KiB) Viewed 5647 times
Last edited by Mrblobby on Wed May 01, 2019 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

We logged in with some trepidation tonight but all went pretty well. Mrs W has created HIO account and registered as a beneficiary and selected the new Dr for Polemi all ok with MEU1 and has added me as dependant, though I need to send some docs off to Nicosia. Only challenge was printing out the enrolment form I need to sign and post as Mac safari browser didn’t like the form download, but worked ok from iOS. On the enrolment form they ask for ordinary residence evidence, but don’t state what’s valid, I’m guessing a utility bill in my name but will call on Thursday and check before posting.

Ian