GESY ENROLLMENT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
mike strand2

GESY ENROLLMENT

Post by mike strand2 »

After numerous failed attempts this morning, I never managed to complete the enrolment!

Be aware that the form will require your full name & ARC No. as entered on your MEU 1 or 2 (same number)

It then asks you to submit 3 documents by post:-
1. Copy of S1 document
2. Copy of GHI Enrolment form
3. Copy of ARC (MEU 1 or 2)

Does anyone have their S! any longer, I certainly don't!
I didn't see any link to print the Enrolment form!
galexinda

Re: GESY ENROLMENT

Post by galexinda »

We completed the registration process a couple of months ago and printed off the form for each of us and the additional documents required were different as I am a family member and had to produce extra documents to those listed above. We were sent two S1 forms by DWP and handed one over to the Cypriot authorities, so had a copy. However, on another post someone has applied to DWP for another S1 form to be sent out as they do not have a copy of it.
Cherry345

Re: GESY ENROLLMENT

Post by Cherry345 »

We are also having a problem registering online as it wouldn't accept our number from the MEU1, and we also don't have a copy of our S1 as they took it from us at the Citizens Center when we first arrived over here.
We did pop down to Dr Dora's office this afternoon to see if the receptionist could help but there was no one there, but Dr Dora had left some forms with another receptionist, so we took the forms and will pop back in the next couple of days....I think tomorrow we will call the UK and have a copy of our S1 re sent again....it's a shame that the medical card that they issue you with isn't enough....and I guess at some point we will call the GESY office to see what they say....it is all a bit of a muddle.....
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

David Brown wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:30 pm You don't have to register online just go to the doctor of your choice and he/she will do it for you free of charge.
But I'm sure you'll still have to get the required hard copies of the required documents.

The Gesy website has this announcement:-

Announcement for EU citizens who are working in Cyprus
The Health Insurance Organization informs all EU citizens who are working in Cyprus and who have
not updated their record in Social Insurance Services (SIS) with their Alien Registration Certificate
(ARC) number to proceed in doing so, in order to be able to proceed with their GHS registration.
It is important that they do not choose the category “S1 document holder” unless they are in
possession of the portable S1 document, as this will delay their GHS registration process.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Another complicated procedure! When one is already in the Cypriot health system why don’t they just accept the white medical card which has been adequate for years?
This is an unfortunate Cypriot Govt admin procedure which just involves more piles of paper work and more delays as there probably aren’t enough staff to process it all quickly.

So what will happen if someone who was eligible for state healthcare is taken ill and needs to see a doctor urgently? Thats if their new GESy enrolement docs aren’t yet issued?

Dee
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I think it will be useful to be registered on line , because I think in future yo will be able to access your medical records .

The process is two stage first “Registration “ and second “Beneficiary Enrollment “ . You will need a Cyprus mobile phone number .

Gesy have two videos that explain the process .

Last edited by Mrblobby on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I think it will be useful to be registered on line , because I think in future yo will be able to access your medical records .
Yes that's what they told me on the help desk. They said if I wanted to log in and access my records and online services in the future, then not to do it via the doctor.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
josef k

Post by josef k »

Cherry345 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:07 pm ..I think tomorrow we will call the UK and have a copy of our S1 re sent again....it's a shame that the medical card that they issue you with isn't enough....and I guess at some point we will call the GESY office to see what they say....it is all a bit of a muddle.....
Yes it is. I have called the overseas health team in the UK and they say they will not send S1 copies, and further say we should contact the authorities in Cyprus. As it is the authorities in Cyprus that are asking for it, I don't see that working. Needless to say, I didn't keep a copy of my S1, although I do have correspondence referring to me being issued with one.

On a tangential point, my wife has an S1 although she is not of pension age, and works with social insurance payments made. It is inevitable she will have the Gesy payment deducted from salary. The question is, can she apply for a refund or, better still, have some form of exemption document to give the employer?

Does anybody have any knowlege in these areas? BHC won't be of any help, and the Gesy people all give different stories depending on who you talk to.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

Josef,

Last week I phoned 'Newcastle' and they agreed to send out copies of our S1s.

However, I do think it's the Cyprus authorities, specifically HIO, responsibility to check their records whether the person enrolling in GESY has a S1 because they did receive it and without it they wouldn't have been able to issue a White Cyprus Health Card. So, why not ask for a copy of the White Cyprus Health Card if programmatically they can't link the GESY system with the current health system.

The same is true about sending other supporting documents. If a person has a MEU3 they would have already provided the same supporting documents. The GESY website should have a simple 'Yes or No' drop down box. If programmatically they can't link the GESY system with the MEU system then all they require is a copy of that person's MEU3.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Went to the Evangelismos this morning. Receptionist for Dr Maxim looked at my MEU3, filled out a small form & hey presto, I'm now signed up with a PD. I'll wait until they simplify the on=line system and attempt to be able to see my records.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

mike strand2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:26 pm Went to the Evangelismos this morning. Receptionist for Dr Maxim looked at my MEU3, filled out a small form & hey presto, I'm now signed up with a PD. I'll wait until they simplify the on=line system and attempt to be able to see my records.
Was that Registration or / and Enrollment ?

Was your Eligibility S1 or Permanent Resident ?
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

MEU3 only required to enrol with GP of my choosing. Apparently, some GP's lists are filling up fast.(Max 2,500 patients)
JimX

Post by JimX »

''Does anyone have their S1 any longer, I certainly don't!
I didn't see any link to print the Enrolment form!''

Mike hello.

We received our GESY registration form online yesterday from our designated GP, also in yesterday's post our new S1 form arrived, now we have two! as the wife went down last week to the Citizens Advice centre who also gave us a new white S1 card, seems we are now well covered :D
Jim.
kansas

Post by kansas »

We went to the Blue Cross reception yesterday to register with Dr Dora. We were given a form each to complete. We were required to give the usual information, i.e. name, address, date of birth, next of kin, and our ID number which is also on our medical cards. We signed them and handed them in, and apparently that's all we need to do.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

We would just like to open an account tried several times keep getting ‘ unknown error please try later ‘
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Just tried now and it worked .

https://www.gesy.org.cy/launchpad.html
daveg

Post by daveg »

Wouldn't work for me.... doesn't even recognise my registered password and won't allow me to reset...grrrr
josef k

Post by josef k »

I've had a go at registering. It all went well until I had to supply a password in the beneficiaries bit. It says it wants latin characters but wont accept any entry from my desktop or mobile (which use a latin keyboard) as it says they are not latin characters. Has anyone else had this? How do I get round it?
daveg

Post by daveg »

Try putting a # at the end......worked for me. BUT further on it wouldn't recognize our postcode?
So put off for another day and having a beer ...
josef k

Post by josef k »

Thanks, but tried that already. Ho hum.