Chloraka one-way system reversed from Monday 22 April

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Chloraka one-way system reversed from Monday 22 April

Post by galexinda »

Now that most people have got used to the one way system through Chloraka village centre, the Munipality has announced that from Monday the system will be reversed ie traffic coming from Paphos will drive past the big church/Hellenic Bank. Currently the traffic driving towards Paphos has priority. So BOLO for road users coming at you from all directions!
galexinda

Re: Chloraka one-way system reversed from Monday 22 April

Post by galexinda »

Unable to upload the map which I found on the Chloraka Municipality FB page.

Agree with you Flossie that it is a maze and certainly some road users don't adhere to the signs so you have to be very careful as most of the streets are narrow.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Well after following the one way left turn coming from Paphos I managed to end up heading back down towards the sea and came out eventually near the bottom of St. George's Hill. Will avoid it all together in future!

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

What does BOLO mean?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Nothing has really changed ,lots of people just drive through either way since it was finished some time ago. BOLO be on the look out.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

lefkes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:49 pm Nothing has really changed ,lots of people just drive through either way since it was finished some time ago. BOLO be on the look out.
Thanks, that makes sense. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

This one way system in the centre of the village seems crazy to me. Narrowing down what was a 2-way road just creates more problems with traffic.
When the one way system was first introduced it was quite difficult to follow the diversion route. The place I ended up was the road by the Municipal Offices. I ended up doing a circle and heading back towards Paphos!
More recently, I noticed that some residents stop in the one way section in order to pick up stuff. Stationary cars then block the narrow road and no one can move until the driver of the offending vehicle returns!
Whether changing the direction of the one way system will help, God knows! I imagine that this stretch of road will be down right dangerous with vehicles meeting head on, at least until everyone understands the change.. I hope that the wretched posts that border the road will be repositioned to allow 2 way traffic again..
Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

That sounds like it just asking for trouble!
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Drove through the village this morning. Men at the various junctions to direct traffic. Must say I prefer this system to the previous one-way system but overall think the central village area is a much better place since the upgrading.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Flossie wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 pm WHY it had to be messed with in the first place is beyond me - just some greedy, jumped up part timer Mukhtar wanting to make a name for himself! By all means the renovations needed doing but the roads system..?!!
A case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Having said that the road going by Papantonio's from Paphos must have been the worst in the area.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Flossie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:15 pm Yes it does resemble a farm track in places!!
New surface going down today . at last.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Good to see a new Hellenic Bank Branch opening again in the new system. Don't know where you are supposed to park though. Could it be a "drive-in" Bank?

Alan
emgee

Post by emgee »

Well, I never!

Wish I had known.

Alan