More lies from Leave.eu

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

More lies from Leave.eu

Post by Dominic »

Revealed: How Leave .EU faked migrant footage

An investigation by Channel 4 News also reveals how Arron Banks’ pro-Brexit group appears to have staged photos of migrants attacking women in London

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed- ... nt-footage
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Re: More lies from Leave.eu

Post by Jimgward »

They also posed images supposedly of migrants coming ashore in a boat - all staged

Tonight they are apparently showing greater revelations about the LEAVE group antics. This type of thing was enough for Switzerland to cancel a referendum result
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Did the Remain camp tell any lies?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:56 pm Did the Remain camp tell any lies?
Alan
I think this goes beyond telling lies; there's twisting the truth but to actually stage detrimental events is taking things to a totally different level.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:23 pm
Jimgym wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:56 pm Did the Remain camp tell any lies?
Alan
I think this goes beyond telling lies; there's twisting the truth but to actually stage detrimental events is taking things to a totally different level.

Jim
Oh I don’t disagree Jim , it’s a disgusting thing to do. My point though is that neither side has the right to try and take the moral high ground.( edit) Although that won't stop some posters on here who have elevated it to an art form.
Last edited by Jimgym on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You have got to be joking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave.eu acted criminally. They were nicked for it and everything.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:59 pm You have got to be joking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave.eu acted criminally. They were nicked for it and everything.
Awww bless, you thought I was joking? That’s nice......
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

All this proves is that you don't give a stuff about democracy.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There were fined.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 pm All this proves is that you don't give a stuff about democracy.
:lol: :lol: You have got to be joking, surely?!

Please expand on your accusation. I'd be interested to know how on earth you managed to come to that wildly inaccurate conclusion.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Those who voted Brexit may have been influenced by lies to varying degrees, but what many contributors here fail to understand is that the organ that is the EU was/is well known and such knowledge was sufficient for them to know what they were voting against, i.e. the EU itself.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Varky wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:26 am Those who voted Brexit may have been influenced by lies to varying degrees, but what many contributors here fail to understand is that the organ that is the EU was/is well known and such knowledge was sufficient for them to know what they were voting against, i.e. the EU itself.
Nonsense. I would bet very few of the populace in the UK even bothered thinking about the EU prior to the vote. They then only absorbed what was in the media - much of which was lies from the Leave campaign. People were already disgruntled at what they perceived to be unfair treatment over wages, jobs, houses and much more. Stir into that pot lies about immigrants taking all the jobs, houses, places in the NHS queues... Add in lies about what we paid to be in the EU. Stir out the suppressed racism that exists in much of particularly England - and you have a toxic vote against the perceived administration (EU) rather than the real problem (UK)
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 am
Varky wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:26 am Those who voted Brexit may have been influenced by lies to varying degrees, but what many contributors here fail to understand is that the organ that is the EU was/is well known and such knowledge was sufficient for them to know what they were voting against, i.e. the EU itself.
Nonsense. I would bet very few of the populace in the UK even bothered thinking about the EU prior to the vote. They then only absorbed what was in the media - much of which was lies from the Leave campaign. People were already disgruntled at what they perceived to be unfair treatment over wages, jobs, houses and much more. Stir into that pot lies about immigrants taking all the jobs, houses, places in the NHS queues... Add in lies about what we paid to be in the EU. Stir out the suppressed racism that exists in much of particularly England - and you have a toxic vote against the perceived administration (EU) rather than the real problem (UK)
I shall ask again, did the Remain campaign tell any lies?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 am
Alan
No ;-) 😚

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Alan
No ;-) 😚

Jim
Haha thanks for making me laugh Jim, and thank you for replying!! Have a great day :-D
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

You tell me - I am unaware of any whoppers - as they'd be well highlighted

Here are some the right wing said were lies;

1. The idea of an EU army was a dangerous fantasy - it was
2. Voting to leave the EU would have an immediate detrimental effect on the UK’s economy - it did have
3. An emergency budget would be necessary upon a Leave vote being delivered - should have been
4. Britain would be at the “back of the queue” for a US trade deal - we are behind the EU and many more
5. The UK would break up following a vote to leave - we would break up following a hard Brexit
6. Article 50 would be triggered immediately - pretty much was
7. This was a once in a generation decision, and there would be no going back - everyone truly believed it was - until the truth came out!
8. A hard border would be required in Ireland if there was a no-deal Brexit - it would be
9. The UK, through Cameron’s negotiation, had “secured a special status in a reformed EU.” - don't actually understand that
10. Migrant camps would appear throughout South East England - some have but admittedly an exaggeration
11. Families would be £4,300 worse off if Britain left the EU - already estimated to be £2,700 per adult
Varky

Post by Varky »

I think you underestimate the British populace. However I would agree that the Remain campaign was taken by surprise and failed to put forward a case for controlling immigration from the EU. This could have been addressed well before the referendum but was allowed to fester resulting in a total misunderstanding by the populace of the situation.
Last edited by Varky on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The remain campaign was awful. Totally negative.
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

And in anticipation of the manipulation, lying, cheating, fake news and nasty Russian interference by the eurosceptics in the forthcoming EU elections, we have no less a paragon of virtue, Jean-Claude himself, spouting forth:
…”[Juncker] also cautioned there was a risk of foreign manipulation around next month’s European Parliament elections where eurosceptic groups are expected to gain ground.
With Britain expected to take part, the proportion of the assembly’s seats held by eurosceptics is seen rising to 14.3 percent from around 10 percent currently, according to the compilation of national polls commissioned by the European Parliament.
“I can see an attempt to rig the European Parliament elections. This comes from several quarters, and not only from outside the EU. States within the EU are also seeking to direct the will of voters in a particular direction with fake news,” Juncker said, adding that the Commission was ready to deal with the issue”….
Yeah, you’ll make sure it goes your way, won’t you, Jean-Claude…[Remember the second referendums in Ireland (Nice and Lisbon) and Denmark, as well as the EU propaganda/ project fear about Brexit]
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN1RV1B5
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I think you’ll find Ireland agreed to a second referendum once details had been found out and it was overwhelmingly in favour of eu. In fact, Ireland is one of the biggest supporters of the eu at a populace level.