Rain again!...but it is not all negative...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Rain again!...but it is not all negative...

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Well, once more it is raining again this morning and slowly I am getting really fed-up this year with the Cyprus weather this spring. On the other hand it is a good chance for nice, interesting photos before and after the rain. As I am up early morning every day, waiting for the sun to rise I could catch some nice moods yesterday and today, BEFORE the rain started. In summer it is just boring to photograph the sunrise while most of the time are no clouds at all...

This pic I took yesterday morning, and I can see a animal in that cloud formation, you as well?

the sun will be soon up

and here we are..but only for seconds

great clouds towards Troodos

and this was the situation today, before it started pouring down again.

Sunrise was again only for seconds and then this huge cloud formation moved in

Sun was quickly rising above this cloud and I thought it will be a nice sunny day...

so I tried another quite arty shot..( 50mm/F8/ 1/2500sec/ISO 80 )

But horror shock - minutes after that photo it started again... I wonder what my German friends here now for holidays think about that weather..

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Rain again!...but it is no all negative...

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Could the Administrator please "repair" the text of the topic.... Thank you Dominic

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Rain again!...but it is not all negative...

Post by Dominic »

I am assuming you meant the missing "t" in the title. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Yes, thank you Dominic. I was in a hurry posting that thread while in the same time cooking lentils.... :)

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Beautiful pictures and I could see in the clouds a poodle standing on two legs begging for treats lol, the artsy picture was amazing and would look good framed.

I am getting fed up of the continual rain as well, but I did hear from a friend who was talking to some Cypriot people and they have told him that on the 23rd April the weather will completely change to beautiful weather, a bit odd that the date is so precise lol, but at least if they are right its only 12 days away...we will see lol.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Weather predictions are either immediately forgotten about (when they are wrong) or forever lauded (on the rare occasions they are right).
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Coincidentally (or not), 23 April is St George's Day and he is an important saint over here ...
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:42 am Beautiful pictures and I could see in the clouds a poodle standing on two legs begging for treats lol, the artsy picture was amazing and would look good framed.
Most of my photos should be seen on a larger screen instead of an laptop to get the full impression of the moods... I wished I had a larger one than 42", but my office is quite small.
I thought that the one of the clouds on pic 1 looked like a kangaroo.. :)

Max
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Hope the prediction for weather change on 23rd is correct as I arrive on the 24th.!!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:42 am Beautiful pictures and I could see in the clouds a poodle standing on two legs begging for treats lol, the artsy picture was amazing and would look good framed.

I am getting fed up of the continual rain as well, but I did hear from a friend who was talking to some Cypriot people and they have told him that on the 23rd April the weather will completely change to beautiful weather, a bit odd that the date is so precise lol, but at least if they are right its only 12 days away...we will see lol.
At least the next view days until Monday the weather will be nice and much warmer than recently... thank God.. The real summer arrives always in the first week of June though... wait and see

Max