It is Happening Again

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

It is Happening Again

Post by Lincoln »

There are 100,000, 000's of butterflies passing our apartment. This has been going on for the last two ++ hours. All heading West. Lovely to watch :D This must be the second wave as we had them a couple of weeks ago.
All things are possible
Ams

Re: It is Happening Again

Post by Ams »

I was out in the country at lunchtime and it was incredible. I thought I saw a lot of butterflies last time, but today they were in even greater numbers (for me, anyway).

Really lovely to witness. I just stood there, and there were constantly butterflies flying past, as you say, east to west.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Yes, there was another large migration from Israel this week! I recorded over 100 per minute this afternoon over my patio area 😃

Shane
Polly

Post by Polly »

For the last few evenings around 6pm a few appear and fly around our patio. Don't know why yet. Any answers?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Yes we also have some remainers. They appear to have settled into all the wild flowers in front of us. So it is still a pleasure to watch them and also the Swallows.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just a thicko question, do any local birds/ other animals, feast on these butterflies .. we could be facing an obese , problem if they do. :shock:
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

https://birdlifecyprus.org/news-details ... -in-cyprus

We had thousands flying past in Anarit yesterday. A fantastic natural phenomena.