Theresa May, time to step down?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
ApusApus

Re: Theresa May, time to step down?

Post by ApusApus »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:46 am That has been the whole crux of the matter: neither the Cabinet, the government, nor House of Commons know what they want, because they're too busy fighting each other.

Sounds a bit like on here really! ;)

Shane
WHL

Post by WHL »

The whole bunch of MPs from all sides including the Muppet speaker, have turned Parliament into a laughing stock....Couldn't organise a P up in a Brewery comes to mind.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

It is looking like we are showing ourselves as foolish, to the entire world. We should have had consensus on a deal, fro within parliament - on the basic principles of what we needed to accept a deal, from all parties - then got it agreed at the EU. Instead, May constructed a deal, got it agreed at the EU (this is a UK deal, not an EU one) but cannot get it agreed in parliament.

She reluctantly decided to invite leaders of parties to No10 last evening and it descended into chaos, with Corbyn walking out when he saw this Independent group being regarded as a party, with his errant MP hoisted into importance. Now I think Corbyn was wrong, as I do May in doing it as well. Corbyn should have stayed then ridiculed the Independents and May afterwards.

Now we have nothing. The potential for a crash out and having to accept deals with anyone who will deal with us. They are already talking about a free-tarrif deal with countries which will kill manufacturing and services in the UK. I posted earlier in the week about the US gearing up to 'invade' and it is confirmed that they are like vultures perched on the trees above our decaying carcass, waiting for the wolves to piss off.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Perhaps it is time to give Corbyn a chance? He doesn't want the UK to leave so it's a win win for many.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Really ……………… have a look at this? https://www.markpack.org.uk/153744/jere ... yn-brexit/

Shane
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

https://www.stopbrexitmisconduct.org.uk/may_summons

Seems she may have to step down?!
Varky

Post by Varky »

Is the transfer season over. If not, can we transfer Teresa May for that New Zealand prime minister? She doesn't seem to be doing a bad job. :lol:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:38 am I think the NZ Prime Minister is doing an amazing job. A model to other World leaders in how to handle difficult situations, achieve results fast, and endear herself to all sections of her nation...and I mean ALL.
I agree with you HIC, but running New Zealand doesn't come close, to the pressure of running the UK.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

She is not running the UK, she is running Brexit only. That's why the NHS is deteriorating, why austerity continues, why homelessness is increasing, why more people work to . minimum wage and less..... zero-hour contracts and much more that's going wrong....
Varky

Post by Varky »

WHL wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:10 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:38 am I think the NZ Prime Minister is doing an amazing job. A model to other World leaders in how to handle difficult situations, achieve results fast, and endear herself to all sections of her nation...and I mean ALL.
I agree with you HIC, but running New Zealand doesn't come close, to the pressure of running the UK.
Maybe so, but her performance when responding to questions immediately after the atrocity was a breath of fresh air. She answered questions succinctly without unnecessary exaggeration, as compared with UK politicians who never seem to answer any questions without repetitively putting forward the party line and loving the sound of their own voices. There is no wonder people are bored with UK politics.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Hudswell,
10 out of 10 for your support of a lost cause. I can only repeat a previous comment.
However your judgement on this must be called into question if in your judgement the only viable candidate for prime minister is Theresa May after her appalling tenure as both prime minister and Home Secretary.