Handrail Paint

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
robf

Handrail Paint

Post by robf »

Hi All

Has anyone got a recommendation for black handrail paint, I am just about to start the task :(. I am looking at the combined paints with rust treatment included.
Anarita John

Re: Handrail Paint

Post by Anarita John »

We got our railing paint from Nikkonakas (sp) on the Polis Road opposite what was Carrefoure (sp) It was a Greek paint and very good. No sign of any rust coming through after 5 years. It has lasted well. They are very good for advice.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I always use Hammerite for metal. Its a thick paint so needs a little thinning. But on the credit side a smallish tin goes a long way. Hammerite lasts well, for several years. I buy it either from Orinos paint shop opp side ofthe Polis Rd toLIDL. Or from a small D-I-Y/ paint shop very close to the Caravella bus stn in the Old Town. Its not actually in the car park there but by the road leading to the carpark from the town one way stystem.

Dee
daveg

Post by daveg »

Vitex used it for 10 yrs, never flakes. It does bleach in the sun over time ,but in my opinion far more superior than Hammerite.
When a new coat is required, no prep. Required, just paint on top.
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Paphos Home Market has it, saw it in their yesterday.
robf

Post by robf »

As always great information, thank you so much ladies and gents, much appreciated.