Handrail Paint

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
robf

Handrail Paint

Post by robf » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi All

Has anyone got a recommendation for black handrail paint, I am just about to start the task :(. I am looking at the combined paints with rust treatment included.

Anarita John

Re: Handrail Paint

Post by Anarita John » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 pm

We got our railing paint from Nikkonakas (sp) on the Polis Road opposite what was Carrefoure (sp) It was a Greek paint and very good. No sign of any rust coming through after 5 years. It has lasted well. They are very good for advice.

Kili01

Post by Kili01 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:58 pm

I always use Hammerite for metal. Its a thick paint so needs a little thinning. But on the credit side a smallish tin goes a long way. Hammerite lasts well, for several years. I buy it either from Orinos paint shop opp side ofthe Polis Rd toLIDL. Or from a small D-I-Y/ paint shop very close to the Caravella bus stn in the Old Town. Its not actually in the car park there but by the road leading to the carpark from the town one way stystem.

Dee

daveg

Post by daveg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Vitex used it for 10 yrs, never flakes. It does bleach in the sun over time ,but in my opinion far more superior than Hammerite.
When a new coat is required, no prep. Required, just paint on top.

Happy in Cyprus

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:44 pm

Anarita John wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 pm
We got our railing paint from Nikkonakas (sp) on the Polis Road opposite what was Carrefoure (sp) It was a Greek paint and very good. No sign of any rust coming through after 5 years. It has lasted well. They are very good for advice.

Agree with both the retailer (Nikonikkos really know their stuff) and the product. I bought Greek exterior paint from there the last time we had our house painted and our very experienced Brit painter and decorator was blown away by the quality of the paint.

Jamboal

Post by Jamboal » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Paphos Home Market has it, saw it in their yesterday.

robf

Post by robf » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:29 pm

As always great information, thank you so much ladies and gents, much appreciated.