Sideritis tea (Ironwort) at Lidl this week

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Sideritis tea (Ironwort) at Lidl this week

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I don't know if other shops in Paphos sell it, but today I found that Lidl still stocks Sideritis tea which I used to buy long time before Lidl arrived in Cyprus. It has plenty of health benefits which this link explains..https://www.healthbenefitstimes.com/ironwort/

page 10 at Lidl's magazine
https://www.lidl-flyer.com/e0db5f7e-23b ... 1537432271

Max
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Sideritis tea (Ironwort) at Lidl this week

Post by Devil »

Thanks, but I'll stick with Camellia sinensis tea :)
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Seems like a hard choice to make.
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

I read the link which was good information but it was the video further down that sold me on it, especially as I have a cold that I can't seem to shake, so I will get some this afternoon and try it out, thanks for posting it, also the link to Lidl page so I can see what it looks like, I love herbal remedies etc...many thanks
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

It seems Lidle has sold out of the tea but hubby found some in Alpha Mega, I actually expected tea bags lol, so it was a surprise to see it in its natural dried form, very cool though, would you say to use three stems, then simmer for approx 7 minutes then strain, then add honey, I had a quick google and that is what I came up with so just wondered if you made it the same...and many thanks for sharing the info.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:35 pm It seems Lidle has sold out of the tea but hubby found some in Alpha Mega, I actually expected tea bags lol, so it was a surprise to see it in its natural dried form, very cool though, would you say to use three stems, then simmer for approx 7 minutes then strain, then add honey, I had a quick google and that is what I came up with so just wondered if you made it the same...and many thanks for sharing the info.
I am quite sure that they are not sold out at Lidl TOTK where I was this morning and they had at least 40 packs there.

How to prepare it: the link I posted above, mentions exactly how to do it...... :!: :lol:

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Thanks, Max, I found the way to make it, it was under the video lol....weird that hubby couldn't find it, he even took a picture of the flyer before he left so he could make sure he got the right tea, he said he asked someone in the shop when he couldn't find it and showed them the picture and they said it was finished....next time I need some I will look myself but he got two packs from Alpha so it should last me a while....I am off to make some now....thanks
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:11 pm .I am off to make some now....thanks
What it is very tasty if you not only add a huge spoon of local honey, but also some cinnamon and cardamom and 3-4 cloves...

By the way: a old Cypriot remedy is local wild sage tea with honey to fight colds... very popular to the older folks here in winter...

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

The tea is fabulous, I did some quick research this morning and it seems it has been studied in lots of universities with positive results, so I am now hooked lol, this morning I added a cinnamon stick and a teaspoon of honey and it was beautiful, I didn't have any cloves or cardamom but I will get some....and will also look into how to make sage tea as that sounds interesting as well.
I think I could learn a lot from some of the older Cypriot people in our village, I just need to keep up with the Greek lessons so at some point I can actually talk to them instead of trying to use hand language lol, it is funny mostly though lol, anyway thanks for sharing your info on the tea, don't forget to share if you think of any other amazing herbal remedies.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 am
Cherry345 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:11 pm .I am off to make some now....thanks
What it is very tasty if you not only add a huge spoon of local honey, but also some cinnamon and cardamom and 3-4 cloves...

By the way: a old Cypriot remedy is local wild sage tea with honey to fight colds... very popular to the older folks here in winter...

Max
I assume you mean cloves, and not cloves of garlic. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I am glad that in German language we have two words: "Knoblauchzehe: (for cloves of garlic) and "Nelken" (for cloves).... :roll:
In this case, in a herbal tea, I don't talk of garlic of course... :)

By the way: I went back to Lidl TOTK and bought the rest of their stock (9 pieces) which for sure is enough for this year :D

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:40 pm The tea is fabulous, I did some quick research this morning and it seems it has been studied in lots of universities with positive results, so I am now hooked lol, this morning I added a cinnamon stick and a teaspoon of honey and it was beautiful, I didn't have any cloves or cardamom but I will get some.... thanks for sharing your info on the tea, don't forget to share if you think of any other amazing herbal remedies.
I already mentioned on a different thread: fresh Ginger tea with a few cloves and lemon juice, sweetened with honey, is very healthy as well. You can drink it hot when is just done or cold later from the fridge. (slice Ginger root very fine (best Bio from Lidl as it is from Peru and not from China) about the length of your thumb for a large cup and blanch it with water, leave the ginger for 10 minutes and later you can add the above mentioned ingredients.)

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

I just wanted to add that after drinking the Mountain tea for less than 2 days, my cough, cold, sinus problem etc have all gone, I feel I have been fighting this cold/virus for a few months now so I think it is pretty miraculous to be honest and definitely something I will keep on drinking as its so healthy....when I was doing some research into it through the scientific studies done in the Universities I was amazed at some of the health benefits of the tea....I typed in clinical studies on Mountain tea so what I was reading was actual clinical studies that had been done, a lot of it was complicated and I didn't understand a fair bit of it but from what I did understand,...just off the top of my head I remember reading that it had the same effect as an antidepressant as it gave the same effect as a serotonin uptake inhibitor, it also had an effect on dopamine levels in the brain, it was good for anxiety, and it was also used with success to treat ADHD in children, it gave mental clarity, and also the properties in the tea for respiratory problems, coughs and colds were pretty amazing, there were a lot of different ailments that it was good for so I am definitely hooked now, and I really love the taste of the tea which helps lol, I think this is something that doctors should be dispensing to be honest, but I am so happy that Cyprusmax mentioned it, and I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be cold/virus free finally, or am I am happy because the tea is effecting my dopamine lol.
I had tried the ginger, honey and lemon drink over the last few months for this cold which didn't want to leave me but as nice as it tasted it didn't have the effect that this Mountain tea has had, I think I will be stocking up on it as well lol....anyway thanks again Max as I am now better and actually have some energy today.

Thank's Flossie for letting me know where it is stocked in Lidl's as my hubby couldn't find it but I am guessing he only looked with all the tea's, and the guy in the store that he asked probably didn't know what he was talking about lol, now I just have to hope that they have restocked after Cyprusmax has cleared the store out lol, by the way if someone could tell me what Lidl TOTK means, I am guessing it is the location but I am confused by the TOTK.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Lidl TOTK is the location (tombs of the Kings), it is the first Lidl which came to Paphos and I like going there instead of the other one as the management is much better there, even when I have to drive 4 km further from my place...
I am afraid that perhaps there is no stock left as it was only on weekly offer, hence I went back on Sunday and bought the lot....

Max
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Thanks, Max, now TOTK makes sense, and that's ok that you bought it all lol, it is only thanks to you that I am better, Alphamega sells it so I will get more from there and keep my eyes peeled for other stores that sell it cheaper, it was around 2.60 ish so still a good price for something so amazing, I might go and clear the stock out at Alphamega lol as I love this tea so much, kidding.
memory man

Post by memory man »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:23 am

Max
GETTING error MESSAGE AT THIS LINK!!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:33 am Thanks, Max, now TOTK makes sense, and that's ok that you bought it all lol, it is only thanks to you that I am better, Alphamega sells it so I will get more from there and keep my eyes peeled for other stores that sell it cheaper, it was around 2.60 ish so still a good price for something so amazing, I might go and clear the stock out at Alphamega lol as I love this tea so much, kidding.
The Lidl price was only 0.99 Euro, and the size was 40gr, which is quite a lot of stems, 40 cm long, (I use 2 for one cup)

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

memory man wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:39 am
cyprusmax47 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:23 am

Max
GETTING error MESSAGE AT THIS LINK!!
Of course, when the flyer expires than Lidl cancels the link....

Max