Driving in Cyprus

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jonjo

Driving in Cyprus

Post by jonjo »

Hi

My son is learning to drive with a UK provisional licence and keen to practice when we are in Cyprus at Easter. Is this possible if I insure my car? Otherwise, I’ll just head for the Akamas from Peyia!
Jon
bromerzz

Re: Driving in Cyprus

Post by bromerzz »

You might want to check out the link to a helpful website.

http://cyprusdriving.net/cyprus-provisi ... g-licence/
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

My insurance in Cyprus states no person under the age of 24 can drive my car. so if your son is under that age I think it is a non starter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Mike.1940 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:58 am My insurance in Cyprus states no person under the age of 24 can drive my car. so if your son is under that age I think it is a non starter.
I think the minimum driving age in Cyprus is 18.
emgee

Post by emgee »

jonjo

How dangerous and disrespectful to other (qualified) drivers to let an untrained driver loose on our roads with possible tragic circumstances....and possibly/probably being uninsured.

Please think again.

Alan
sued51

Post by sued51 »

You can have a provisional license in Cyprus at 17.5 but cannot take your test until you're 18. Check with your insurance company if they will accept a UK provisional license, if they will you can get third party insurance for him at an extremely cheap rate compared to the UK but no insurance company here will insure anyone under 24 fully comprehensive, or at least they wouldn't up until 2 years ago when my daughter was in that age bracket. I would never take an uninsured driver of any age/experience out on any public road, however, I'm sure you will find some farm tracks suitable for a bit of practice if necessary!