Electricity

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
ashlep

Electricity

Post by ashlep »

Hello, we moved into a townhouse two months ago and the manager hasn't shown us an electricity bill yet. She has told us that it is .25 cents per kilowatt, but refuses to give us the bill. We found that odd, so we just wanted to check if that price is accurate at the moment....we searched online and see that it was .17 cents per kilowatt a few months ago and the highest we saw was at .23 cents per kilowatt in 2013. If anyone knows the current price, please let us know. Thanks!

-Ashley
daveg

Re: Electricity

Post by daveg »

No bill = No pay......
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

ashlep wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:54 pm Hello, we moved into a townhouse two months ago and the manager hasn't shown us an electricity bill yet. She has told us that it is .25 cents per kilowatt, but refuses to give us the bill. We found that odd, so we just wanted to check if that price is accurate at the moment....we searched online and see that it was .17 cents per kilowatt a few months ago and the highest we saw was at .23 cents per kilowatt in 2013. If anyone knows the current price, please let us know. Thanks!

-Ashley
I have a EAC bill, tariff 01, domestic, from a friend of mine in front of me and the price per kWh was in October 2018: 23.3 cent incl.VAT
( Total price divided by consumed kWh's) As there was a price rise announced from EAC in Nov., the price could be at the moment ca .25 cent.!
My own electricity bill is no good for reference as I have a different price due to solar panels producing my electricity, called net-metering.

Max
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Our last bill had an average KWH cost of 21.97 cents, the one prior to that was 20.38 cents..........hopefully this will give you a bit of an insight.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

ashlep wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:54 pm Hello, we moved into a townhouse two months ago and the manager hasn't shown us an electricity bill yet. She has told us that it is .25 cents per kilowatt, but refuses to give us the bill. We found that odd, so we just wanted to check if that price is accurate at the moment....we searched online and see that it was .17 cents per kilowatt a few months ago and the highest we saw was at .23 cents per kilowatt in 2013. If anyone knows the current price, please let us know. Thanks!

-Ashley
You are being overcharged but having said that if you want to take responsibility for the electricity costs then you will have to put up a deposit with AEK of 200 euros .......... the choice is yours really!

Shane

Sorry just thought, you should check your tenancy agreement to see who is responsible for paying the electricity ........ if you are then you are entitled to see the bill!

Shane
Last edited by ApusApus on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Don't forget the standing charge and VAT.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

It’s included in the figure bromerzz! My last bill worked out the same as Princebytor’s at 22 cents per KWH, I simply divided the total cost including the standing charge & VAT by the number of KWH used!

Shane
ashlep

Post by ashlep »

Thank you all for your quick responses. We have already told her if she cannot produce a bill, then we won't pay (we have been informed that she is known to pocket money). We suspected she is over charging us due to her reputation (and because we have solar panels as well). So, we will only pay the bill to the service provider directly, not to her...

We have only a short-term lease while we look for a better house in a nicer area (any recommendations appreciated ;) ), so unfortunately the bills are not under our names. We are still getting familiar with the area, so hopefully we will be able to find something nice in the upcoming months and we will make sure all bills are under our names. Thank you!!
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Yes you're right ApusApus Just looked at my bill for Nov and Dec, I have a single phase circuit which worked out at 0.2344 per KWH
and a 3 phase circuit which worked out at 0.3684 per KWH.
J B

Post by J B »

Our last bill used 299 units and bill was €75.35

Works out at 25.2c per unit
J B
ashlep

Post by ashlep »

So, we were able to transfer the bills to our names and we contacted the landlord since the manager kept harassing us for money (even before bills were due) and the manager insisted that it was impossible to change the bills to our names...it turns out the owner didn't even know she had rented the place! She had been pocketing the money and was fired. The owner lowered our rent for all the problems we've had, changed our locks and will allow us to leave a month early. Great news, but unbelievable about the manager! I guess many agents will not work with her anymore because she doesn't end up paying them and lies a lot about properties that she manages...they all have major underlying issues that she will not fix and she will show up whenever she feels like and take things. There is even a Facebook rant on the Russian expat group that warns not to trust her because she pockets money...please make sure you do not rent a property from a Russian lady called Elena Fadeeva. Our landlord said to not answer her calls/texts or let her in the house under any circumstances.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Our last bill was well over €250's but we were warm in what was the coldest wettest winter we have ever had here.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have had to pay a total of €116 for the last two months, some of that being electricity .. The rest being multiple standing charges :-(
Trev..