Road tax renewals start today

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Road tax renewals start today

Post by Paphos Life »

Road tax renewals started on Monday and vehicle owners have until Monday, March 3, to do so.Road tax can be renewed done online on http://rtd.mcw.gov.cy, at commercial banks, at citizen's services centres, district post offices and the headquarters and district offices of the Road Transport Department....

Read the article and chat about it below...
lefkes

Re: Road tax renewals start today

Post by lefkes »

Cars that are being driven on the road until March without road tax ,will this affect their insurance cover if they have an accident ???.
J B

Post by J B »

lefkes wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:56 am Cars that are being driven on the road until March without road tax ,will this affect their insurance cover if they have an accident ???.
Unlikely, especially as they didn't open the payment system till 7th Jan, then no cars would be insured for the first week of the year!! :lol:
J B
memory man

Post by memory man »

Went to bank yesterday to pay road tax.
Teller said " sorry sir, the system is down "
I presume it was JCC she was talking about.

She said, try again tomorrow.
I did go again today, and it was all done
and dusted in about - less than 10 mins.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I did two of our cars yesterday online but had a problem doing the the third; same prices as last year.

Jim
smudger

Post by smudger »

Once you have left the renewal til the last possible date, then you have to go on doing that ad infinitum. Otherwise you lose the benefit you gained from the very first time you did it.

You only ever get the benefit once!! Get real peeps!! Especially you Lloyd, thought you were more savvy than this!!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Assuming you have an 'other half' then she would have to sort it all out
Trev..
J B

Post by J B »

I will be paying with my UK credit card, so can someone tell me when the best day will be for the exchange rate and I will pay it then.

;)
J B
jeba

Post by jeba »

Can you pay by debit order (and if so, wouldn´t it be charged when it´s due only).
smudger

Post by smudger »

Apologies Lloyd, confused you with another person on the forum who persisted in disagreeing with me, believing he got the benefit every year!
In business I too always paid bills at the last possible moment, excluding local 'one man bands, with whom I always made a point of settling within the month. This was repaid in spades when we had emergencies and they always responded asap.

Regards
Jacs
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Taxed two cars today and the price was the same as last year.. 1,600 cc Qashqai €79.. :-)
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I pay everything more or less the day the bills come in. 12 months is 12 months whether it's between January to December or March to February and even adding seven weeks with a credit card still gives you a 12 month payment period if you do it annually. Really can't see any benefit.

Jim
jeba

Post by jeba »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:07 am
jeba wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 amCan you pay by debit order (and if so, wouldn´t it be charged when it´s due only).

Better jeba to pay online using a credit card, then you get up to another 7 weeks before the dosh actually leaves your current account ;)
I don´t care about saving 0,0001 cents in interest. I simply don´t want to have to act actively as I might forget it.
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

Had trouble yesterday in taxing my vehicle. Did it through JCC but it would not accept my details required i.e. Last 3 numbers of my log book was not acceptable nor the last 3 numbers of my UK passport. No problem last year. Had to make two phone calls from the UK. To sort the problem. Finally spoke to a man from JCC who told me "from abroad" to use the code 057. Did so and straight into payment from my BoC bank debit card. Frustrating but it might be the code for anyone trying to tax their vehicle from abroad if they have problems.
CyprusSue

Post by CyprusSue »

Renewed my car on the 7th online for the first time....normally go to the bank....wasn't going to as I thought it would be too busy, but I was pleasantly suprised..... it was quick and straight forward.
smudger

Post by smudger »

In another life, when I worked I used a wall calendar, struggling to remember the name - maybe Sasco?? Waterproof so I could write on it, with a sticky date cover. Was introduced to this many many years ago and it became my bible, everything went on that calendar, so each day as I went into my office I moved the date cover along and knew what deadlines I had to complete each day. Saved my life many times!
It was also useful for future planning, wish I had room over my desk now for one, but this is a tiny house, desk is under the stairs so a planner just won't fit on the wall😩 Have to manage with a day by day calendar from Kyriakou!! But it serves its purpose. Having said that these aides memoires are only as good as their users!! I missed entering my annual village rates tax and missed the deadline!!! Fortunately no penalty, but will make damn sure I put it on the calendar as soon as I receive it this year!! Hate being late with bills!! Rarely pay them in advance, but hate being late!!
Having said that we now have the option to put our water bills and the annual tax on DD, so will sort that once and for all!!

Ahhhhh, the joys of finance!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have Rainlendar Lite on my desktop. I would not be without it now..

https://downloads.tomsguide.com/Rainlen ... 1-828.html
Trev..
smudger

Post by smudger »

Thanks for that Trev, downloaded it but struggling to see exactly what I need to use and when I've found it if it comes for free!!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am on the free one.. It lets you put multiple appointments for any day. You can write whatever you want as an appointment. It will give you a reminder on screen of the appointment. You can set that from minutes to hours to days. I usually set it to remind me one day in advance.
For instance.. on Sunday it will remind me I have a hospital appointment on Monday at 11-15 with a particular consultant..
I also have MOT dates in it.. And dates of people coming on holiday.. Dog injections... Car insurance, and many other things..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well Jolly good for you ;-) I hope it is always accurate
Trev..