Telephone handset problems

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
DavidatLWH

Telephone handset problems

Post by DavidatLWH »

Advice needed, please!
We recently had a CYTA upgrade on our router. As a result, we were told we had to plug our main telephone into the router. No problem there, as the phone works OK with a new cable, but we can't make or take calls from or to the additional handsets dotted round the house. The handsets are Panasonic DECT type, and these additional handsets are ones merely plugged in to the mains. The main phone is a DECT type, too, not a VoiP type.
I've searched on Amazon for a new set of phones, but all are of the type I already have.

Anyone else had the same problem and found a way round it?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Telephone handset problems

Post by Devil »

Have you tried plugging the Panasonic master phone into the plug where the router is plugged?
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Yes, Devil - tried that but no ring tone. Thanks for the suggestion.
josef k

Post by josef k »

If you have been upgraded and have to plug your phone into the router, then you have voip rather then telephony. I guess you will need a voip set of phones if you are to do what you want. I assume they are available, but I can't find any.

You could have a read through this https://www.whichvoip.com/multiple-phon ... ervice.htm but it seems to suggest the kit you have should work OK. Perhaps you should have a conversation with the techies at CYTA.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

josef - many thanks for the link. Ver interesting and useful. Will now search again for VoiP phones. CYTA couldn't help at all!