New Restaurant in Argaka ...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

New Restaurant in Argaka ...

Post by MacManiac »

Driving along the coast road from Argaka to Polis I was stunnned to see a new restaurant which appears to have come from nowhere overnight. It is on the sea side of the road, directly opposite the Esso garage. The people were working hard setting up tables and chairs, underneath a massive sign that proclaims “Authentic Souvlaki”. No apparent parking but I presume people will just abandon their vehicles on the roadside. It’s good to see new businesses opening in our little village. Good luck to them.
Robert

Re: New Restaurant in Argaka ...

Post by Robert »

I was last in Cyprus in June 2017 but hope to move permanently in the next few months to make sure we're in and registered before Brexit. We have Argaka on our radar as a place to live. We love Santa Barbara as a place to eat but it's great to have another restaurant in the area.

As somebody who lives in Argaka any Con's that you can think of?
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hudswell wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:33 pm Limited choice of food when eating out....😉
With Polis and Latchi close by a shortage of restaurants is not something I've ever experienced...😉 On a serious note the quality of the food on our visits so far has been top notch and I look forward to more of it in the coming months.
robf

Post by robf »

The beach at Argaka (and right up that stretch of coast) tends to get all sorts of undesirable things washed up on it, I think it is because of the prevailing winds and currents. Fine if you are not interested in swimming, but i personally would head for Latchi / Neo Chorio area as the beaches are cleaner. There is also a breakwater at Latchi which stops most of the problems of big waves in an onshore wind. If the gof course gets the go ahead at Limni, you might see an increase in values though.
Robert

Post by Robert »

robf wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:03 pm The beach at Argaka (and right up that stretch of coast) tends to get all sorts of undesirable things washed up on it, I think it is because of the prevailing winds and currents. Fine if you are not interested in swimming, but i personally would head for Latchi / Neo Chorio area as the beaches are cleaner. There is also a breakwater at Latchi which stops most of the problems of big waves in an onshore wind. If the gof course gets the go ahead at Limni, you might see an increase in values though.
Unfortunately Latchi is a bit out of our price range. During our last visit we did look at a place that needed some work in Neo Chorio. It needed some work but had an impressive view. We intend to rent for 6-12 months first so have plenty of time to get to know the area.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hudswell wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:16 pm Nope you do right with Polis or Argaka...but don't rely on the "agents" drive around...ask in the restaurants...there are properties available, at resonable prices..
Thanks for the heads up on asking at the restaurants. We try and be as independent as possible which includes always hiring a car to explore. Want to get to know the area well before buying as well thus the rent for 6-12 months. I know you have an apartment in Kato Paphos but do you own on this side of the island as well?
Belsmum

Post by Belsmum »

We left on Wed. 9th and it wasn`t there then !! Unless I need new glasses, which I think i do as I have !tried to open a door that was already open !
We have a house for sale, with views ! and a reasonable price !
Robert

Post by Robert »

Belsmum wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:28 pm We left on Wed. 9th and it wasn`t there then !! Unless I need new glasses, which I think i do as I have !tried to open a door that was already open !
We have a house for sale, with views ! and a reasonable price !
Can you PM me some details?
Belsmum

Post by Belsmum »

I will, tomorrow,have to be somewhere !!