Indian driving

For all you Petrolheads out there...
Uncle D

Indian driving

Post by Uncle D »

After just been to India, you wouldn't believe how accommodating the Indians are to each other on the road, even though the volume of traffic far exceeds that of Cyprus, we didnt see any accidents in the 3 weeks that we were there.
When we landed at Larnaka, and we decide to visit IKEA, we saw 3 accidents that afternoon.
:roll:
David
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Indian driving

Post by Devil »

I presume you were in a place with few vehicles. I've been there a number of times (Delhi and Bangalore) over several visits, with my work taking me into the sticks. I was in minor accidents three times. If you want a scary trip try going from Mussoorie via Dehra Dun to Delhi at night. The first part is scary mountain roads but so dangerous that there are few accidents. The second part is a 'trunk' road with one lane in each direction carrying much HGV traffic without lights. On that one trip, I must have passed at least 10 incidents, including a car running into a camel and a bus head-on into a truck.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

How long ago was that Brian?
Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram the capital of Kerala and up to Periyar some 200 kms away from both those cities.
Maybe fewer vehicles compered to the larger Indian cities, but certainly far more traffic than in Nicosia.
David
josef k

Post by josef k »

That reminds me of this brilliant comedian. Watch and enjoy