TAXISnet Registration Difficulties

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Alewfin

TAXISnet Registration Difficulties

Post by Alewfin »

Can anyone help / explain ?

I have tried to register with TAXISnet for submission of Income Tax without success.

The system requires entry of Assessment Reference Number (12 characters long).

The problem appears to be that in all of my previous 'Declaration Of Income' forms and subsequent Tax Receipts there is no Assessment Reference Number (12 characters long).
exodus

Re: TAXISnet Registration Difficulties

Post by exodus »

We had the same problem. The one we used, which went through OK, was what they call the:
"Notice Reference No."
Hope it works for you also,
Good luck, they don't make it easy.
Amos.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

i found my 12 digit number on a Notice of Assessment Form from 2011. I believe, and hopefully someone with more knowledge may come along and correct me, that these notices are sent for the tax year they are currently working on - I believe the tax office is around 5 years behind. That being the case, I'm not sure how income tax payers who have less than 4/5 years of returns, are going to be able to complete the registration to TAXISnet and this is maybe where the system could fail.

Don't quote me please as this is only reasonable assumption, but would suggest a visit to the tax office and try to speak with an officer, not the receptionist, who may offer a solution. X
exodus

Post by exodus »

aphrodite wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:09 pm i found my 12 digit number on a Notice of Assessment Form from 2011. I believe, and hopefully someone with more knowledge may come along and correct me, that these notices are sent for the tax year they are currently working on - I believe the tax office is around 5 years behind. That being the case, I'm not sure how income tax payers who have less than 4/5 years of returns, are going to be able to complete the registration to TAXISnet and this is maybe where the system could fail.

Don't quote me please as this is only reasonable assumption, but would suggest a visit to the tax office and try to speak with an officer, not the receptionist, who may offer a solution. X
The Number I suggested changes every year they issue a notice of assessment. Any one of them will do, because
on their database they all refer to you.
Goodness only knows why they don't use your TIC No. to register on Taxisnet.
Like I said, they don't make it easy!
Amos.
Varky

Post by Varky »

aphrodite wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:09 pm i found my 12 digit number on a Notice of Assessment Form from 2011. I believe, and hopefully someone with more knowledge may come along and correct me, that these notices are sent for the tax year they are currently working on - I believe the tax office is around 5 years behind. That being the case, I'm not sure how income tax payers who have less than 4/5 years of returns, are going to be able to complete the registration to TAXISnet and this is maybe where the system could fail.

Exactly my problem. I sent a query to the tax office contact email, but nothing back. Probably a 5 year back log on answering emails as well
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

''Don't quote me please as this is only reasonable assumption, but would suggest a visit to the tax office and try to speak with an officer, not the receptionist, who may offer a solution''.

Good advice aphrodite - go to the Reception Desk at the Tax Office (C Block) and tell the Receptionist your particular query and she will give you the name of the person whom you need to see and where to find that person.
Varky

Post by Varky »

galexinda wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:33 pm ''Don't quote me please as this is only reasonable assumption, but would suggest a visit to the tax office and try to speak with an officer, not the receptionist, who may offer a solution''.

Good advice aphrodite - go to the Reception Desk at the Tax Office (C Block) and tell the Receptionist your particular query and she will give you the name of the person whom you need to see and where to find that person.
Doesn't help me as I will be out of Cyprus until April. I was hoping to do something over the internet.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

List of phone numbers for the Tax Department. TAXISNET is on Page 4.

http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/taxdep.nsf/Al ... penElement
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

That was exactly my thought too! In a month or so when they realise that not enough Registrations have taken place, "For this year we will be accepting paper Returns." Watch this space!! :lol:

Also, what about the 40% or so citizens here who don't have the internet? It's no use them setting up special centres for those people, as I'm guessing Tax Assessments will now be emailed to individuals if their idea is to be kinder to the environment.
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Has anyone been successful in getting 2017 tax return done?
If so can you give us a few hints please as getting very frustrated with it.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

2017 is not available yet . Last year it was end of May before 2016 became available .
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Our accountant has done our 2017 all signed and payed for.
All things are possible
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Lincoln wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:00 pm Our accountant has done our 2017 all signed and payed for.
Can you recommend a good accountant please. I think that’s what we’re going to have to do from now on.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Cactuslil wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:33 pm
Lincoln wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:00 pm Our accountant has done our 2017 all signed and payed for.
Can you recommend a good accountant please. I think that’s what we’re going to have to do from now on.
Here you go. :D White & Georgiou Expat Services.
Contact Carol or her assisitant. email; carolangeorgiou@cytanet.com.cy Tel 26 911 508 or 99 923 424
All things are possible
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Sounds like another excellent addition to Dom's Directory, Lincoln!

AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
Tsadaken

Post by Tsadaken »

I tried to register with Taxisnet for online Tax return submission but was unable to complete the online form as I did not have a 12 digit reference number. Although I have previously completed Tax Returns I have never had a Notice of Assessment (presumably because my income from pensions is below the 19,500 threshold). Not wishing to risk the possibility of being penalised for not registering I found a downloadable copy of the form IR 66A on the website - this form does not ask for the 12 digit number only your Tax registration number.

Having completed this form I visited the Paphos Tax Office and handed over the form - but the lady on the desk would not accept it and informed me that you can only register online - but if you have not received a letter in the post (which advises you of the said 12 digit number) it is possible that an annual return may not be required.

So it looks as if I no longer have to worry about registering - until such time as they send me a letter in the post. Hopefully this will be of assistance to others who do not have the 12 digit reference number.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

I called into my Local Tax Office in Deryneia this morning to ask about On line registration.
I was told that people registered for Income Tax will receive through the normal postal system, Instructions on what to do in the coming weeks.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Why do the millions of tax-collecting Hectors throughout the world (most of whom never having done a single day of productive work for their country since they left school or college) INSIST on making paying tax (to pay for their gold plated pensions) so difficult and arduous for us hoi polloi?

AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Tsadaken wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:47 pm Not wishing to risk the possibility of being penalised for not registering I found a downloadable copy of the form IR 66A on the website - this form does not ask for the 12 digit number only your Tax registration number.

Having completed this form I visited the Paphos Tax Office and handed over the form - but the lady on the desk would not accept it and informed me that you can only register online - but if you have not received a letter in the post (which advises you of the said 12 digit number) it is possible that an annual return may not be required.

So it looks as if I no longer have to worry about registering - until such time as they send me a letter in the post. Hopefully this will be of assistance to others who do not have the 12 digit reference number.
Interestingly on the east site someone sent an email to taxisnet and was advised they could fill in form IR 66A and fax it to a provided number .

But to people who are not yet registered I would say wait for the letter from the tax office .
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (54.25 KiB) Viewed 5901 times