Is Trump mentally ill?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
ApusApus

Re: Is Trump mentally ill?

Post by ApusApus »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:31 pm This thread is hilarious! Haven't laughed so much in months.
You must get out more! ;)

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

ApusApus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:42 pm
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:31 pm This thread is hilarious! Haven't laughed so much in months.
You must get out more! ;)

Shane
And take photos while you are out!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:58 pm No need to apologise, easy mistake to make especially if you dont read all posts in a thread.

Why do you say "apparently"? There were either 4 or there were not 4. Are the facts in doubt, hence your qualification?

I am aware that George Dubbleya was the last elected president who lost the popular vote and what a shower he turned out to be.
I said 'apparently' because I had no idea if it had happened before until I looked it up...

From your reaction I was sort of thinking that the Trump win was unique but 'apparently' it was not...
keving

Post by keving »

'Reaction' ? A very good framing word.

No 'reaction'. I'm just idly responding in my spare time to posts on this forum.

PS you were "sort of thinking"? Are there gradations of thinking? You were thinking but not really thinking?

Or maybe it was alternative thinking leading to ... alternative facts
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:37 pm 'Reaction' ? A very good framing word.

No 'reaction'. I'm just idly responding in my spare time to posts on this forum.

PS you were "sort of thinking"? Are there gradations of thinking? You were thinking but not really thinking?

Or maybe it was alternative thinking leading to ... alternative facts
I like having you on here keving - it is like having my own personal Internet Troll following me around! :lol:

As to alternative facts... we could talk about your multiple posts about the 'popular vote' in this very thread... The claim that the majority 'don't want Trump'... :roll:

The truth is that if more Americans had voted for Hillary then she would have won more states and she would now be president...

She didn't.

By the system that has been in place for years she lost and the 48% or whatever need to accept it and maybe find a better candidate next time round.

No amount of "if you travel America you will find a majority of people who are anti Trump" makes any difference because if you travel around the 30 states that Trump won as opposed to the 20 that Hillary won you'll obviously find that your claim is simply untrue.

America has a system in place to ensure that single large states like California can't dominate the election process and by any measure it worked perfectly on this occasion...
keving

Post by keving »

There you go, off at a tangent again.

As for trolling, stop coming up with weak 'arguments' and I'll get bored.

As for travelling around America, you dont think that I meant if you travel around all the states of America ... because if you didn't travel around all the states the sample of people that you would come into contact would be unrepresentative and might therefore produce a biased result?

Yes, I claim that the majority of voters don't want Trump, based on fact.

I have yet to hear from you an alternative fact which states that the majority of voters do in fact want Trump.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Based on the American voting system Trump was elected President by securing the majority of votes, how many ways do you want it dressing up before you accept it? :?

Shane
keving

Post by keving »

ApusApus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:20 pm Based on the American voting system Trump was elected President by securing the majority of votes, how many ways do you want it dressing up before you accept it? :?

Shane
Shane, I presume your question is to me. I have never said that I dont accept the result of the US election. Trump won square and fair according to the terms of the election, ie the electoral college system.

You say Trump secured the majority of votes. This is simply not true, and all I have been trying to point out on this thread.

Trump won according to the American system but he got 3 million votes less than Clinton.

My simple statement is that a majority of the American voting public are anti Trump. Fact.

And it seems that a minority of American voters (and one or two British expats in Cyprus) think they have the right to tell the majority to shut up and move on.

Its not going to happen.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:11 pm There you go, off at a tangent again.

As for trolling, stop coming up with weak 'arguments' and I'll get bored.

As for travelling around America, you dont think that I meant if you travel around all the states of America ... because if you didn't travel around all the states the sample of people that you would come into contact would be unrepresentative and might therefore produce a biased result?

Yes, I claim that the majority of voters don't want Trump, based on fact.

I have yet to hear from you an alternative fact which states that the majority of voters do in fact want Trump.
30 states voted for Trump.

20 States Voted for Hillary.

So yeah, if you travel around all the States it appears that 60:40 your going to find yourself in a State that voted Trump...

I suppose I don't need to mention that State that overwhelmingly voted Hillary and hence skewed the results...? Again...? :roll:

Anyhoo... it turns out that after all the shouting the votes end up Trump 306, Hillary 232. So yay! Trump wins! :D

The people have spoken... ;)
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

So you are a supporter of proportional representation then! Unfortunately, neither the American nor the UK electoral systems currently work on this basis much to the disgust of UKIP & Lib Dem members I would suspect! Thus, while Trump may have secured less "outright winners" so to speak he secured sufficent to get past the post first which is all that counts. If the Americans, or the British for that matter, are not happy with their systems then they need to campaign to change them but for the moment these are the rules by which we have to play?

Shane
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The Republicans will now fear their positions, because of Trump.

Naturally, when it comes to voting for the various houses, its now much more likely that the Democrats will be voted in to decrease the power of Trump. He could end up as toothless as Obama was, when he had both houses opposing every notion he had.

Let's pray the majority of the US people come to their senses and overturn any power he has.... otherwise, his redneck vote will find themselves much worse off than they currently find themselves. .... poor, uneducated, bigoted, racist and unlikely to see old age....
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Whilst I think Donald is a catastrophe waiting to happen can he be any worse than Ronald, Richard, George W, et al? :(

Shane
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:58 pm ...
Let's pray the majority of the US people come to their senses and overturn any power he has.... otherwise, his redneck vote will find themselves much worse off than they currently find themselves. .... poor, uneducated, bigoted, racist and unlikely to see old age....
11,367+ mental health professionals tell Sen. Schumer Trump is mentally ill and must be removed
https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/01/ ... be-removed

:D :D :D
One has to laugh at America.
They put a fruitcake in as President on 26% of the electoral vote, and now...
they realise they've made a yuge yuge booboo... :oops:
And yes, I'm sure Trump likes boobs as well as grabbing any women he feels like by the pussy!
keving

Post by keving »

OhSusana wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:26 pm
Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:58 pm ...
11,367+ mental health professionals tell Sen. Schumer Trump is mentally ill and must be removed
https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/01/ ... be-removed

:D :D :D
One has to laugh at America.
They put a fruitcake in as President on 26% of the electoral vote, and now...
they realise they've made a yuge yuge booboo... :oops:
And yes, I'm sure Trump likes boobs as well as grabbing any women he feels like by the pussy!
Susana! Great post. Good to have you on the forum.

All I would say is don't laugh at America. It's the best country in the world.

Laugh at the imbeciles who voted for Trunp, laugh at the expats on this forum who are so bored with life that they crave world change at whatever cost (as long as it does not affect them) but do not laugh at Americans (the majority) who are anti Trump.

Trump is a clown. Except its not funny.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

We need some more Smilies Dom :!:

Shane
keving

Post by keving »

ApusApus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:25 pm We need some more Smilies Dom :!:

Shane
Smilies are great ... but a feature of the dumbed down society in which we live today.

Ah, the old days, they were gradely my old dad used to say .. when people had conversational skills .and didn't condense their agreement to a post with a clappy hand, or a flag saying "I Agree". ...

Long live people who dont use clappy hands and other similar emoticons.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

The history books are full of people like you ............ time to embrace the future me thinks before it engulfs you but just to reinforce your archaic views

:o :shock: ;)

Shane
keving

Post by keving »

ApusApus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:58 pm The history books are full of people like you ............ time to embrace the future me thinks before it engulfs you but just to reinforce your archaic views

Shane
Embrace the future? That's all very well. But when was the last time that you embraced the present?

When was the last time you saw the Rolling Stones live? When was the last time you saw any band live?

When was the last time you told yourself that life is getting better and better?
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:08 pm
ApusApus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:58 pm The history books are full of people like you ............ time to embrace the future me thinks before it engulfs you but just to reinforce your archaic views

Shane
Embrace the future? That's all very well. But when was the last time that you embraced the present?

When was the last time you saw the Rolling Stones live? When was the last time you saw any band live?
Deflecting again keving, you are making a habit of this. (The 52% 48% rule)

When was the last time you told yourself that life is getting better and better?
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Wallace wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:26 pm
keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:08 pm

Shane

Deflecting again keving, you are making a habit of this. (The 52% 48% rule)

Deflecting again keving, do you ever answer a question based on the 52/ 48 % rule?