Is Trump mentally ill?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
OhSusana

Re: Is Trump mentally ill?

Post by OhSusana »

Lynsab wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:12 pm Prince Charles joins the arguement too....bit awkward for the queen ..

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-01-31/prin ... forgotten/

It's a dangerous precedent appeasing a facist, we already know what could happen....

He's married two immigrants to the US himself, proves once again they need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do... :lol:
Absolutely Brilliant )))) - yes, with a capital B.
Maybe Charlie's also worried Trump's going to grab his mummy by the pussy! (to misquote Trump very slightly) ))
keving

Post by keving »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:34 pm
Conoflex wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:39 pmI'm signing out - this forum has become a joke already

Oh please don't go, us half-wits rely on you to portend the future and remind us of all the things which are wrong with Cyprus, Germany, the EU and the Euro.

On second thoughts.... :?
I think we should ask Dominic to set up a new section: Politics for Half Wits.

I mean, we don't want half wits polluting cerebral discussion on the real Politics Section with our brainless views, do we?
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:34 pm Cyprusgrump, you might not have noticed, but I am not arguing one way or another. Trump won the election under the rules. I am merely pointing out the fact that he received fewer votes than Clinton. And that there is a majority of people who opposed him.

You can go on repeating as much as you want about taking California out of the equation, but I am not interested. The USA is the USA is the USA. A majority of voters in the USA are anti Trump.

Had it been the other way round, and had Clinton won the election with a lower share of the popular vote than Trump, I may well have posted the facts on this forum, especially in response to any clichéd comments such as "the people have spoken" "the will of the people" "the electorate have decided" etc
Oh sorry...

I thought you were not prepared to accept that Trump won by the rules that apply to every election...

Apologies if you do accept that he won fairly and squarely by the rules that apply to every American Presidential Election...

BTW, there were apparently four previous presidents that came to power without winning the popular vote...
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

OhSusana wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:41 pm
Lynsab wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:12 pm Prince Charles joins the arguement too....bit awkward for the queen ..

It's a dangerous precedent appeasing a facist, we already know what could happen....

He's married two immigrants to the US himself, proves once again they need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do... :lol:
Maybe Charlie's also worried Trump's going to grab his mummy by the pussy! (to misquote Trump very slightly) ))
Or should I write -
Absolutely brilliant for a "petty" "stupid" "half-wit". :D :D :D :D :D :D
Gosh -
And I thought this forum was supposed to be free of such pathetic personal comments.
As a very famous Greek once said - many many years ago...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.'
Last edited by OhSusana on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

cyprusgrump wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:20 pm

Like it or not, according to the rules Trump won. And now he gets to implement the policies that he campaigned on just as all those that voted for him would expect.

As I said earlier, if Clinton had won yet Trump held the popular vote you wouldn't be arguing in the same way would you...?
Trump's a crackpot for sure but I agree with CG, he came first according to their system!

Shane
keving

Post by keving »

No need to apologise, easy mistake to make especially if you dont read all posts in a thread.

Why do you say "apparently"? There were either 4 or there were not 4. Are the facts in doubt, hence your qualification?

I am aware that George Dubbleya was the last elected president who lost the popular vote and what a shower he turned out to be.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

ApusApus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:58 pm
cyprusgrump wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:20 pm

Like it or not, according to the rules Trump won. ...
Trump's a crackpot for sure but I agree with CG, he came first according to their system!

Shane
Absolutely! God bless America. :D
smudger

Post by smudger »

Keith, don't for Gods sake don't let the half wits win. Your knowledge is a breath of fresh air, was great to see you back.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:34 pm
Conoflex wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:39 pmI'm signing out - this forum has become a joke already

Oh please don't go, us half-wits rely on you to portend the future and remind us of all the things which are wrong with Cyprus, Germany, the EU and the Euro.

On second thoughts.... :?
Shhhhhh. Don't encourage him. :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:58 pm No need to apologise, easy mistake to make especially if you dont read all posts in a thread.

Why do you say "apparently"? There were either 4 or there were not 4. Are the facts in doubt, hence your qualification?

I am aware that George Dubbleya was the last elected president who lost the popular vote and what a shower he turned out to be.
There were 5 since the popular vote was first counted at the 1824 election. Those who won the election without winning popular vote are as follows :1824 John Quincy Adams, 1876: Rutherford B. Hayes, 1888: Benjamin Harrison, 2000: George W. Bush, and of course Trump.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

OhSusana wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:55 pm

Or should I write -
Gosh -
And I thought this forum was supposed to be free of such pathetic personal comments.

Or when the election is lost, slander the winner ;-)
keving

Post by keving »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:11 pm
smudger wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:05 pmKeith, don't for Gods sake don't let the half wits win. Your knowledge is a breath of fresh air, was great to see you back.
Too late, he's gone...heard the door bang behind him :lol:
Don't go Keith, don't go, please don't go
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:09 pm

Or should I write -
Gosh -

If you want a more relaxed debate, post in the Politics for Moderates section.
keving

Post by keving »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:08 pm
keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:58 pm No need to apologise, easy mistake to make especially if you dont read all posts in a thread.

There were 5 since the popular vote was first counted at the 1824 election. Those who won the election without winning popular vote are as follows :1824 John Quincy Adams, 1876: Rutherford B. Hayes, 1888: Benjamin Harrison, 2000: George W. Bush, and of course Trump.
Hip hip hurrah for Wikipedia
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:13 pm

Or should I write -
Gosh -

What makes you think I want a more relaxed debate? I guess my point was lost on you?
smudger

Post by smudger »

Please, can people post a member name when posting quotes ! It's a nightmare trying to backtrack as to who saud what. And before anyone says it, I may well have been guilty of this myself, but am really trying to annotate!
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:14 pm
Jimgym wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:08 pm

Hip hip hurrah for Wikipedia

Amazing what you can find out with a cursory search.....
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:15 pm
What makes you think I want a more relaxed debate? I guess my point was lost on you?
I was actually addressing somebody who posted in one of the quotes you quoted. You weren''t to know that though. This thread is moving so fast it is difficult to keep up.
keving

Post by keving »

All of us 'half wits' are posting twice as fast to allay the outrageous slur cast upon us
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:21 pm
Jimgym wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:15 pm

I was actually addressing somebody who posted in one of the quotes you quoted. You weren''t to know that though. This thread is moving so fast it is difficult to keep up.
Ah ok. I did wonder what on earth you were saying that for! ;)