Is Trump mentally ill?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
johnoddy

Re: Is Trump mentally ill?

Post by johnoddy »

The Trump Protest included the likes of Lily Allen and Gary Lineker....I mean how serious is that?
keving

Post by keving »

johnoddy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:02 pm The Trump Protest included the likes of Lily Allen and Gary Lineker....I mean how serious is that?
I don't know. Are you more serious than Gary Lineker?
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Interesting that even the American press that support the Republican party are also questioning Trump's sanity.

This quote relates to Trump's likely disorder -

If someone does have “Narcissistic Personality Disorder” they can, indeed, wake up, see a Tweet or a news report from a foreign leader criticizing him, mocking him, calling him “weak” or threatening his ego in any way and order some kind of impulsive, vindictive, punishing, immediate response that could include an unhinged order to attack that foreign leader or foreign country with military force, even including the authorization of nuclear weapons.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-g ... 93174.html

The GOP was split over Trump. It will be interesting to see if they "dump Trump" if he becomes increasingly unpopular and might damage the re-election prospects of the Senators and other Reps.

This in the NY Daily News -

President Trump exhibits classic signs of mental illness, including 'malignant narcissism,' shrinks say
The fuzzy outlines of President Trump's likely mental illness came into sharper focus this week: in two interviews with major networks, he revealed paranoia and delusion; he quadruple-downed on his fabrication that millions of people voted illegally, which demonstrated he is disconnected from reality itself; his petulant trade war with Mexico reveals that he values self-image even over national interest; his fixation with inaugural crowd size reveals a childish need for attention.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2957688

People are beginning to wonder if he really is cuckoo...
During an election obviously people says all sorts of things - but now - in the clear light of day...
No wonder Putin wanted him in the White House!
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Surely Trump is just doing what the electorate that voted him into office want him to do? After all he made no bones about his plans in his election manifesto or whatever the spams call it. Well done Trump.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

bromerzz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:46 pm Surely Trump is just doing what the electorate that voted him into office want him to do? After all he made no bones about his plans in his election manifesto or whatever the spams call it. Well done Trump.
Quite so...
keving

Post by keving »

He's doing what 48% of the electorate want him to do
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 pm He's doing what 48% of the electorate want him to do
Oh please! :roll:
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 pm He's doing what 48% of the electorate want him to do
And with 304 electoral college votes to Clinton's 227.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:19 pm
And with 304 electoral college votes to Clinton's 227.
Absolutely!

Also, as I pointed out earlier...

Without California, Trump Would've Won 1.4 Million More Popular Votes Than Clinton
Okay—we’ve all heard Democrats saying how Hillary Clinton got almost 3 million more popular votes than President-elect Donald J. Trump—and how that shows how he doesn’t have a mandate or something, despite clinching 306 Electoral College votes by winning the majority of the states, which is how we decide who will become our next president. I know most of you know that; it’s our progressive brethren who need a civics lesson. And you also know that if it weren’t for California, Clinton wouldn’t have won the plurality of the popular vote. Hence, this is why we don’t elect our next leader based on the popular vote since the liberal Northeast and California don’t represent the country. Liberals may convince of themselves that it is, but it’s not true. Never has been. John Merline wrote in Investors Business Daily that if you remove deep blue California, Trump would have won 1.4 million more popular votes that Clinton:
keving

Post by keving »

Electoral colleges are not people, they don't have feelings.

People have feelings and emotions. 52% of the voters in the US have negative feelings towards Trump, and for good reason.

I suppose the 48% who voted for Trump should tell the 52% to shut up and move on? But that would be a bit strange wouldn't it? The minority telling the majority what to do.
Conoflex

Post by Conoflex »

Oh dear- the petition to allow Trump a state visit has exceed the 100,000 required to initiate a debate in Parliament who will also have to debate the petition to not allow him a state visit.

Don't any of you half wits who click on to any and all of this nonsense realise all you are doing is wasting everyone's time and making yourselves look petty and stupid ?

I'm signing out - this forum has become a joke already
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:35 pm Electoral colleges are not people, they don't have feelings.

People have feelings and emotions. 52% of the voters in the US have negative feelings towards Trump, and for good reason.

I suppose the 48% who voted for Trump should tell the 52% to shut up and move on? But that would be a bit strange wouldn't it? The minority telling the majority what to do.
Once again... :roll:

Apart from California Trump won not just the electoral collage but also the popular vote...

Are you being deliberately obtuse...?
Attachments
states.png
states.png (68.42 KiB) Viewed 7165 times
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Hopefully Admin will forgive me for going slightly off - topic. (Trump's supposed mental illness)
26 Percent of Eligible Voters Voted for Trump
https://mises.org/blog/26-percent-eligi ... oted-trump

19% of the US population.
Those who didn't vote - too late now!! :D :D :D

Looks like they've elected a real fruitcake as President, if all the medical reports are correct. :D :D :D
keving

Post by keving »

No. You can't pretend that California is not part of the USA just to make a spurious point.

Talk to me about the total number of people in the entire USA - not states, not electoral colleges, etc - who voted against Trump. 52%. Fact.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

OhSusana wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:44 pm Hopefully Admin will forgive me for going slightly off - topic. (Trump's supposed mental illness)
26 Percent of Eligible Voters Voted for Trump
https://mises.org/blog/26-percent-eligi ... oted-trump

19% of the US population.
Those who didn't vote - too late now!! :D :D :D

Looks like they've elected a real fruitcake as President, if all the medical reports are correct. :D :D :D
Which medical reports do you refer to?
Geoff.
Lynsab

Post by Lynsab »

Prince Charles joins the arguement too....bit awkward for the queen ..

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-01-31/prin ... forgotten/

It's a dangerous precedent appeasing a facist, we already know what could happen....

He's married two immigrants to the US himself, proves once again they need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do... :lol:
Lynsab

Post by Lynsab »

Conoflex wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:39 pm Oh dear- the petition to allow Trump a state visit has exceed the 100,000 required to initiate a debate in Parliament who will also have to debate the petition to not allow him a state visit.

Don't any of you half wits who click on to any and all of this nonsense realise all you are doing is wasting everyone's time and making yourselves look petty and stupid ?

I'm signing out - this forum has become a joke already
Us half wits will miss you, don't go....
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Perhaps Theresa May should take the same attitude with Brexit :lol:
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:47 pm No. You can't pretend that California is not part of the USA just to make a spurious point.

Talk to me about the total number of people in the entire USA - not states, not electoral colleges, etc - who voted against Trump. 52%. Fact.
I'm not pretending that California is not part of the USA although I understand that it wants to leave the union now anyway... :roll:

Here is why it matters...
There were two Democrats — and zero Republicans — running to replace Sen. Barbara Boxer. There were no Republicans on the ballot for House seats in nine of California's congressional districts.
At the state level, six districts had no Republicans running for the state senate, and 16 districts had no Republicans running for state assembly seats.
Plus, since Republicans knew Clinton was going to win the state — and its entire 55 electoral votes — casting a ballot for Trump was virtually meaningless, since no matter what her margin of victory, Clinton was getting all 55 votes.
[…]
If you take California out of the popular vote equation, then Trump wins the rest of the country by 1.4 million votes. And if California voted like every other Democratic state — where Clinton averaged 53.5% wins — Clinton and Trump end up in a virtual popular vote tie. (This was not the case in 2012. Obama beat Romney by 2 million votes that year, not counting California.)
Clicky...

Like it or not, according to the rules Trump won. And now he gets to implement the policies that he campaigned on just as all those that voted for him would expect.

As I said earlier, if Clinton had won yet Trump held the popular vote you wouldn't be arguing in the same way would you...?
keving

Post by keving »

Cyprusgrump, you might not have noticed, but I am not arguing one way or another. Trump won the election under the rules. I am merely pointing out the fact that he received fewer votes than Clinton. And that there is a majority of people who opposed him.

You can go on repeating as much as you want about taking California out of the equation, but I am not interested. The USA is the USA is the USA. A majority of voters in the USA are anti Trump.

Had it been the other way round, and had Clinton won the election with a lower share of the popular vote than Trump, I may well have posted the facts on this forum, especially in response to any clichéd comments such as "the people have spoken" "the will of the people" "the electorate have decided" etc