British tourists offered 88 euro cents for £1 in Europe, one year on from Brexit vote

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Re: British tourists offered 88 euro cents for £1 in Europe, one year on from Brexit vote

Post by WHL »

£ lower then the euro....works for me
PaphosAL

Re: British tourists offered 88 euro cents for £1 in Europe, one year on from Brexit vote

Post by PaphosAL »

WHL wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:34 pm £ lower then the euro....works for me
Meaning that you're located in UK (I guess, as your location isn't revealed) and that your main income stream is derived from the €urozone, perhaps?

Or that you're a wannabee Warren Buffet, hoping to make a personal fortune out of millions of other people's financial pain and suffering, including in many cases the loss of their homes?

AL :roll:
Gone but not forgotten...
WHL

Post by WHL »

PaphosAL wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:02 pm
WHL wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:34 pm £ lower then the euro....works for me
Meaning that you're located in UK (I guess, as your location isn't revealed) and that your main income stream is derived from the €urozone, perhaps?

Or that you're a wannabee Warren Buffet, hoping to make a personal fortune out of millions of other people's financial pain and suffering, including in many cases the loss of their homes?

AL :roll:
Funniest thing Ive read on this Forum....in those famous words are you for real :lol:
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Yes, for real, WHL! So without giving any personal info away, HOW does a weak GB£ (falling to parity, or lower) help you personally, like you stated above, please?

Cheers- AL :?
florentyna

Post by florentyna »

Anybody selling property here to return to the UK will be jumping up and down with joy at the rate of exchange. The only thing that has gone in my favour in the 6 years it took me to sell is that I managed to sell at the right time. If the pound gets even weaker so be it, perhaps I should have waited, but my money has already returned and I'm happy. I feel for those getting pensions etc sent out and I hope the pound now strengthens for you.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

OIC...

Understood, and thanks for the info! This helps us, as we currently have land and a house for sale in Hungary.

Cheers- AL :)
WHL

Post by WHL »

PaphosAL wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 pm Yes, for real, WHL! So without giving any personal info away, HOW does a weak GB£ (falling to parity, or lower) help you personally, like you stated above, please?

Cheers- AL :?
Im off to London next week, on Holiday, and I will be getting more for my Euros, simple
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

The turkeys aren't just voting for Christmas they're singing that song by Wizzard.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Is that the same Morgan Stanley who predicted in March that sterling would be at $1.45 by the end of 2018?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

Although British pensioners will be getting an extremely poor Sterling / Euro exchange rate on their pensions those same pensions will be getting a hefty rise thanks to the Triple Lock as the UK inflation rate will rocket as all imports will become that much more expensive.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The Stirling / Euro exchange rate has lost 20% or more from it's best rate.

I doubt that us 'Pensioners' will get any rise to make that up.
Trev..
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:02 pm Is that the same Morgan Stanley who predicted in March that sterling would be at $1.45 by the end of 2018?
Strange how people only take notice of a forecast when it suits their argument! Not a dig at you Dominic but more those who are pushing their negative agenda! :mrgreen:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Alewfin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 am Although British pensioners will be getting an extremely poor Sterling / Euro exchange rate on their pensions those same pensions will be getting a hefty rise thanks to the Triple Lock as the UK inflation rate will rocket as all imports will become that much more expensive.
All that would cause is the collapse of the triple lock. If there is no money, there is no money.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

To collapse the Triple Lock would collapse the Government as the Triple Lock was a condition of the DUP supporting the Government.

That in itself could possibly send the pound plummeting as it could mean a Labour government.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Oh no, get the suicide pills out again :roll:

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

I never put mine away! :D

Shane
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

:lol: :lol:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.