The Lodge at the triangle

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
STELIOSBWFC

The Lodge at the triangle

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Has anyone been here on a Sunday. 25 Euro for a buffet and beers and wine included. 12pm till 3pm every Sunday. That is 6 pints for me and a belly full of food for 25 Euro, bargain. :lol:
Lincoln

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Lincoln »

We went and were disapointed. We did discuss it with the staff who did not seem interested. Never been back and never will.
All things are possible
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I think it's probably been open a good five years now

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

I would agree with Lincoln. We went a few times & enjoyed it but then had a bad experience & staff weren't interested. Never been back.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

As to the OP, there is NO way I could honestly down 6 pints of ale AND wine and a bellyfull of unlimited buffet food like that...

I would want to doggy-bag the whole shebang back to my apartment, and make it last the whole week at that price, €25 !!!

HOW people can down that amount of food and drink in one sitting beggars belief to me, TBH...

Here in rip-off Britain, I've gotten used to eating for (typically) £1 to £2 per day, on my own now. Excellent grub, too! But this is supermarket bought grub, to be cooked and eaten at home, not restaurant meals... Can you match this in Paphos?

Remember, that in UK, when you're an OAP, and winter approaches, you have to choose whether to heat, or eat... Probably why a lot of older folk stay in bed a lot longer, in order to stay warm under their duvet!

Cheers- AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Hudswell wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 am
PaphosAL wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:18 am As to the OP, there is NO way I could honestly down 6 pints of ale AND wine and a bellyfull of unlimited buffet food like that...

I would want to doggy-bag the whole shebang back to my apartment, and make it last the whole week at that price, €25 !!!

HOW people can down that amount of food and drink in one sitting beggars belief to me, TBH...

Here in rip-off Britain, I've gotten used to eating for (typically) £1 to £2 per day, on my own now. Excellent grub, too! But this is supermarket bought grub, to be cooked and eaten at home, not restaurant meals... Can you match this in Paphos?

Remember, that in UK, when you're an OAP, and winter approaches, you have to choose whether to heat, or eat... Probably why a lot of older folk stay in bed a lot longer, in order to stay warm under their duvet!

Its not really a buffet, its more like a Meze served at your table but larger portions! ..and yes if you want you can take a doggy bag, and yes it is excellent value for money at €25
6 pints was just my starter AL :lol:
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Hudswell wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:47 pm Must be just me then ! 😳 But Tripadvisor seems to agree with me 😉
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... trict.html

Stellios check out the 3rd review down "Very Good Value" it explains what you get for the Sunday lunch.
I will give it ago and see. Sounds OK for 25 notes anyway. Thanks HW. :D
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

I suppose the 6 pints of beer on their own could account for around €15 of the €25 bill, at typical prices nearby in other bars? Or am I way out of date here?

Which does appear to make the Lodge fantastic value for money IF your stomach can take in copious quantities of food AND beverages, which mine can't (one or the other for me...)

Gone but not forgotten...
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

We enjoy it every now and again . The live music by Black Cab is great , we are wine drinkers , and has been said they will bring you a fresh bottle when you ask for it . The deep fried pita bread strips and dip is excellent ....worth going for alone , but there is so much more . And the staff are great and so friendly . Recommend , worth a try .