Take your pet on Cobalt Airways

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Take your pet on Cobalt Airways

Post by trevnhil »

I am not sure how new this is but I have just seen that Cobalt Airways allow you to take your pet with you on the flight.
Attachments
Fullscreen capture 09082017 081131.jpg
Fullscreen capture 09082017 081131.jpg (227.75 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Take your pet on Cobalt Airways

Post by Dominic »

What about people who are allergic to animal hairs?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

I think you'll find pets in the cabin doesn't apply to U.K. flights. I would think for U.K. flights pets would be in the hold.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

To Dominic and Cactuslil, you could only find out by contacting the airline.
It does seem that UK is a place that they do NOT carry pets in the cabin..
" Exception: United Kingdom regulations forbid the carriage of animals whether inbound or outbound and must be carried as cargo. "

http://cobalt.aero/content/carriage-animals
Trev..
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

I don't know why the U.K. Still have this ruling as it has become the norm to see dogs traveling through European airports & the states. It was different when there were quarantine rules & the risk of rabies but pet passports have made animal travel so much easier. Not sure how I feel about them traveling as excess baggage, (I can't see them heating the hold for 1 small animal,)but it is a good price. I'm sure other nationalities will be pleased.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

There is no way I would travel with an airline that allows pets in the cabin.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

merchant_banker wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:30 am There is no way I would travel with an airline that allows pets in the cabin.
Likewise I do not believe it is fair to non Dog lovers, or those who might be allergic to Dogs.
In the hold with them - no problem.
WHL

Post by WHL »

merchant_banker wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:30 am There is no way I would travel with an airline that allows pets in the cabin.

Years ago I was flying from New York to Vegas, when I sat down I noticed the lady next to me had a dog on her lap...I wasn't happy, because it was a little snappy thing, after take off it started growling and snapping at me, I calmly asked her to control her dog, which she took great exception to, after about ten minutes of this,, I called the stewardess over and asked to be moved..she could see I was not happy, and moved me to the front....I would not fly on airlines that allow dogs in cabin, apart from that what happens when the dog needs a P or worse?
Last edited by WHL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Expresspete

Post by Expresspete »

We flew Aegean from Heathrow to Larnaca in April. The woman in front of us had two small dogs with her in the cabin, she had also paid for the seat next to her to accommodate the dogs.
Living the Sunshine dream 8-)
WHL

Post by WHL »

Expresspete wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:16 pm We flew Aegean from Heathrow to Larnaca in April. The woman in front of us had two small dogs with her in the cabin, she had also paid for the seat next to her to accommodate the dogs.
were the dogs in a pet carrier or were they on the seat?
RattyPatty

Post by RattyPatty »

I love all furry creatures and do not have any allergies but I would not fly with an airline that allows pets in the cabin. Unhygenic. We are not even allowed to eat peanuts on board. What about people who have an allergy. Not just on that flight but any subsequent flights unless the plane is thoroughly cleaned between flights.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Most airlines insist on pets being in a carrier which sits on your knee or on the floor. I fully appreciate that some people wouldn't be happy but personally I'd prefer to sit next to an animal than some sweaty guy in a vest or badly behaved children.😊
WHL

Post by WHL »

Still like to know what would happen if the dog took a dump in the cabin?.....a few years ago a plane turned back because a passenger stunk the plane out.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/31923217
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Hudswell wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:33 pm I am more than happy for my little dog to go into the hold, she will be less stressed,,safer and not subjected to the noise and confusion of the passenger section....and unlike me and many others not subjected to the germs that almost inevitably lead to a cold of other illness, spread by all that coughing and spluttering....Allergies....I am sorry but if you have a life threatening Allergie then a plane is not the place to be....
Sorry, Hudswell, but you've gotten a little emotional over that one... People were only stating a 'reasonable' fact, that carrying animals in a cabin, was not really hygienic, or suitable. Having a dander allergy, as I have, isn't life threatening, but causes irritations, nose streaming etc. For some, that could be a lot worse.

I have a pet dog as well! It happens to be non-moulting, so doesn't cause me problems. I still wouldn't want to take it in a cabin and my missus wouldn't take it in a hold.... It's nearly 15 now and the stress would likely kill it... What age are you Hudswell? :lol:
die6

Post by die6 »

MOST of the airlines allow small pets in the cabin, but ONLY in a carrier for years. No problem.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Cactuslil wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 pm Most airlines insist on pets being in a carrier which sits on your knee or on the floor. I fully appreciate that some people wouldn't be happy but personally I'd prefer to sit next to an animal than some sweaty guy in a vest or badly behaved children.😊
Absolutely........they can usually only travel in the aircraft in a pet carrier up to a weight of 9kg........dogs do not usually foul in their carriers but nothing is guaranteed 😉
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Yioula wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:47 pm ........dogs do not usually foul in their carriers but nothing is guaranteed 😉
You would think the same about people too, Yioula, wouldn't you?

I do however know of one such person who did just that - on a return AIR2000 flight to Manchester after a day trip to Venice one December. His travelling companions all thought it was such a hoot and sang this song, changing the word bright to shite:

Of course, over consumption of alcohol was the cause.....
Thankfully, I don't know of any dogs which tend to over indulge in this manner ;-)
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Just for info (from the Cobalt Airways link posted within the image by Trevor):
Pets in the cabin
Cats or small dogs and birds in the cabin may be permitted under the following conditions:
The animal must be in a suitable, leak-proof lockable cage and remain in its container throughout the entire flight.
The cage shall have an auxiliary small door through which the animal shall be serviced during the flight.
The container plus the animal must not weight more than 8 kgs The Pet cage must be no larger than 55cm n length, 40cm in height and 23cm in width to fit the space under the seat.
The container /cage MUST remain on the floor throughout the flight and cannot be placed on a passenger seat at any time.
The seat assigned for this purpose shall be a window seat, so that when the cage/ bag is placed/secured under the seat, so access to the aisle is not restricted for any of the occupants of that seat row.
Pets must be accompanied by their owners and agreed to be seated in the rear rows of the aircraft.
The owner must have all necessary documentations and health book ready for inspection at the check-in. (i.e. ID micro chip, Pet Passport, anti-rabies vaccination etc.).
Pet and kennel must meet hygiene-conditions (i.e. clean and odor free).
The animal must be minimum 105 days old in order to be accepted for transportation.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
smudger

Post by smudger »

I have just acquired - for that read dumped on my rear patio - a small kitten, around 6 weeks old, weighs less than half a kilo I would guess. Clearly, due to size and age he has to be kept indoors, with the appropriate accroutrements. I do assure you, even given his minute size, the pong when he uses the litter tray is pretty overwhelming, requiring said tray to be hastily put outside and cleaned.

Point of this diatribe is that any animal who may do a 'dump' during a four hour + plane journey will create the most appalling smell.
I really wouldn't want to be on that plane, thanks.
josef k

Post by josef k »

I would happily pay more for a seat on a plane that was child free and fat person free (by fat I mean spilling over into my seat). Now it seems I must add pet free.