Sparti Adventure Park

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Sparti Adventure Park

Post by Dominic »

We have driven past Sparti Adventure Park in previous visits to Paphos Forest and the Troodos. However, we normally have another destination in mind, so have never paid it a visit until now. Last sunday, some Cypriot friends invited us along and we jumped at the chance. It is a fair drive from Paphos, but the scenery along the way is beautiful, and you will be driving on regular roads, so any rental car will be fine. We cut through Paphos Forest in our 4x4, but that is the subject of another blog!

Read the blog and chat about it below..
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Crumpe

Re: Sparti Adventure Park

Post by Crumpe »

Wow, looks like fun. :o
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We were very pleasantly surprised.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Do any local tavernas spring to mind as recommendations for your intended lunch next time, Dominic?

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Yes, our favourite up in that neck of the woods is the Paradisi.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Parad ... 78!9m1!1b1

We had a lovely Souvla there, complete with Greek salad, and all the little side dishes that come with it, plus stuffed vine leaves and all sorts. It was absolutely delicious, and came to about €10 a head when we went last year. You will need to bring cash though, as they didn't have facilities to take cards.
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

Dominic wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:50 pm Yes, our favourite up in that neck of the woods is the Paradisi.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Parad ... 78!9m1!1b1

We had a lovely Souvla there, complete with Greek salad, and all the little side dishes that come with it, plus stuffed vine leaves and all sorts. It was absolutely delicious, and came to about €10 a head when we went last year. You will need to bring cash though, as they didn't have facilities to take cards.
Incredible value.
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

That looks great, I want a go......
Ams

Post by Ams »

Hi

Yes, I think the rope park is great, tough but great and something nice and different to do in Cyprus.

I've been twice, the 1st time with a friend. I did the 1st 2 sets, but then chickened out of doing 3 & 4, though I did repeat the 1st one.

I went back with my sister, her husband and 2 kids. They (the adults) got further than I did. The kids were 7 and 5 and did the full kid's section, I'm not sure the 5 year old was meant to do it all, but she's tall for her age and managed fine. They absolutely loved it. It was voted the 2nd best day of their holiday (the 1st being Waterworld waterpark in Agia Napa).
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

The Rope Park itself looks like a tremendous (and extremely safe) forested hillside adventure activity venue for kids!

At €25 for 3 hours of entertainment and exercise (not to mention problem solving and a sense of confidence-building personal achievement for the kids), that's fantastic value! Specially when you consider the number of admin and helper staff employed on site! Fire control and evac procedures look solid to me.

But I don't think I'd be able to hang around for 3 hours without a roll-up or ten, LOL! They could surely have a SAFE shaded smoking area somewhere on this site for us tobacco addicts, with a big water butt to extinguish your ciggie, without setting Platres on fire, no?

One last tricky question... If a man or woman (around age 70) on holiday in Paphos on their own wanted to visit this wonderful venue, just to observe the fun and adventure going on and stroll around, would they be allowed, or charged for entry? As they might want to relive similar experiences that their kids and grandkids enjoyed?

And then enjoy a real Cypriot Souvla lunch in Platres afterwards, using Dominic's recommendation above!

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I think people could smoke in the picnic area. None of us smoke though so it wasn't really an issue.

There was no general entry fee, you just paid for the harnesses. I don't know if they would approve of people wandering about on their own though. It wasn't something that occurred to me!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The wife and kids have been numerous times; she says she's taking the kids but I really think it's her who enjoys it the most.

Jim