Taxi from Paphos Airport

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
2QuarterPints

Taxi from Paphos Airport

Post by 2QuarterPints »

We will be back in Paphos at the beginning of February and, for the first time, will not be picking up a hire car from the airport. We bought our own during our last visit and it is at our apartment. Over the years we have heard so many horror stories about the airport taxis ripping visitors off, so we are wondering whether it would be more cost effective to be met by a pre-arranged taxi e.g. from Stevie's Taxis. Any thoughts appreciated.
trevnhil

Re: Taxi from Paphos Airport

Post by trevnhil »

Rocky has had many recommendations and our family have used him. He is a great guy running a great firm, and you get the price before you book online.
Or give him a phone call
http://www.iwantataxicyprus.com/

Trev..
Trev..
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

Thanks Trev. Will contact him.
mockaji

Post by mockaji »

Another one to try is www.suntransfers.com we have used them twice now from Paphos to Coral Bay cost €31, checked today still the same price. They meet you at the airport and you pay on line so no cash is envolved.
josef k

Post by josef k »

The bottom line is that if you use an airport Taxi you WILL be ripped off. There is meant to be a board at the airport showing typical taxi fares from the airport (to Paphos, Polis etc). It was torn down by the taxi drivers. The law says taxis must use a meter unless price agreed in advance. Airport Taxis have their meters covered over and never use them. They are possibly the worst advert for Paphos and only a fool would use them.

If you need to use a taxi then follow the recommendations above. Or you could take the bus.
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

I have used Stevie's for 11 years. Very reliable & reasonable.
I would not use anybody else but that's only my honest opinion.
RattyPatty

Post by RattyPatty »

I used michaeltaxipaphos.com for the first time on 1st May. Booked online and quoted €25 for a 21.45 pickup to Kato Paphos.

Plane was delayed 4 hours and arrived at 01.45. Michael was there to meet us and we had a nice steady drive to our house at no extra charge for the very late pick up. (We did give him something extra☺). Tel 99920025

Pat
smudger

Post by smudger »

Rocky gets my vote every time. A gent, genuine and no ripoff.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Bassman62 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 5:10 pm
This seems to be yet another contravention of EU rules as when it was looked into and according to EU rules the use of metres is compulsory..

Bassman62 - here we go again slagging off Cyprus on any occasion you can.

Move or get off the forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Bassman62 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 5:10 pm This seems to be yet another contravention of EU rules as when it was looked into and according to EU rules the use of metres is compulsory..
Don't worry, most people on here will know that you meant 'meters'
Gone but not forgotten...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

A few points:

1. I have already made my position clear to Bassman62 with regards to what is and isn't acceptable.
2. His comments on this thread have been perfectly acceptable.
3. Posters telling other posters to get off the forum is not acceptable.
4. If you don't like somebody, you don't actually have to argue with them at every opportunity, you can just ignore them. Indeed, if you put them on your enemies list in the control panel, you will never see from them again. But don't worry, I will see their posts, and if they do step out of line, they will be dealt with. So you can block without concern.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Alternatively you could consider using a long term car park - the economics of it will depend on how frequently you visit Cyprus though. We have used Chris and Gaynor at Auto Airports and for us, with low long term daily rates, it' was was more cost effective than paying for taxis to and from the airport several times a year. We also felt it was more secure than leaving at our apartment complex, especially over winter when hardly anybody there, and those that were were at work all day.

Ian