Morning Walk

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Morning Walk

Post by Lincoln »

Hmmm, not so sunny this morning. Sun trying to break through the light cloud cover. Have hung all the washing out to dry so hope there will not be rain.
Cross Fingers.png
Cross Fingers.png (13.86 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
All things are possible
LouiseCastricum

Re: Morning Walk

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Good luck!
Louise :)
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Mmmmm,the BBC weather forecasts it will be 30 degrees and sunny :?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The washing was all nice and dry after another walk into town. All the ironing now done. Feet up relaxing.
All things are possible
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Chaddy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:21 am Mmmmm,the BBC weather forecasts it will be 30 degrees and sunny :?
Well, BBC was wrong then. 2 hours ago I had lunch at Timi fish tavern and it was 36c and overcast, however good wind...

Max
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Max, a good wind!! By mid afternoon it was gale force here in Anarita with really strong gusts. It blew our wrapped umbrellas over on our patio and we had to batten down the hatches and secure everything.
We had taken the cover off the pool earlier in the day. Pool 29c when cover taken off at 10am. It was so windy that we did not put the cover back on, so overnight, without the cover, with the high winds, our pool was 26c, a loss of 3degrees. At this time of year, we are maintaining a temperature of 29c to 30c with just the cover on overnight.
10:30am, Sunday. Still windy and overcast sky, with a few large drops of rain. Was going to go out on my bike. 11:15am, sun has come out.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Anarita John wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:22 am Max, a good wind!! By mid afternoon it was gale force here in Anarita with really strong gusts. It blew our wrapped umbrellas over on our patio and we had to batten down the hatches and secure everything.
We had taken the cover off the pool earlier in the day. Pool 29c when cover taken off at 10am. It was so windy that we did not put the cover back on, so overnight, without the cover, with the high winds, our pool was 26c, a loss of 3degrees. At this time of year, we are maintaining a temperature of 29c to 30c with just the cover on overnight.
10:30am, Sunday. Still windy and overcast sky, with a few large drops of rain. Was going to go out on my bike. 11:15am, sun has come out.
This dry heat, together with the wind, dried out my fish and the potato chips as soon as they were served. It was like a extra process of cooking. Only my huge village salad survived until i finished it as i put a lot of lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil on it. The good thing was that the humidity was extremely low even close to the sea, so no sweating. However I would have preferred some sweating much rather than dried out food.
The article in the press of the large fire near Akamas confirmed that the temperature at the airport was lunchtime 35c and even higher at Polis.
So my car thermometer was correct when i drove back home.
No wonder that all people sat indoors which i thought is funny at the time.

Max