Police angry at those parking behind mobile traffic camera vans to prevent their operation

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Police angry at those parking behind mobile traffic camera vans to prevent their operation

Post by Paphos Life »

In addition to mobile traffic camera vans being attacked in drive-by shootings or via stones thrown at the operator some drivers have now found new ways to ‘break’ the system. Specifically, they have been parking their vehicles directly behind the vans carrying the mobile cameras, thus, preventing them from photographing offenders. As if that is […]

Read the article and chat about it below...
WHL

Re: Police angry at those parking behind mobile traffic camera vans to prevent their operation

Post by WHL »

Surely the police can nick people for obstructing the police?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Police angry at those parking behind mobile traffic camera vans to prevent their operation

Post by Devil »

Are traffic cameras run by the police? I understood that they were managed by a contracting company. If so, and the parking was legal, I don't think that it could be considered as a criminal offence.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hopefully there is a way to fine people quite heavily for obstructing the police use of the cameras. People should not be 'above' the law'. So hit them in the pocket.(wallet)! Or in an extreme case confiscate their driving license for a week say.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

All the mobile cameras that I have seen have warning signs a few hundred yards before the van
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:21 pm Are traffic cameras run by the police? I understood that they were managed by a contracting company. If so, and the parking was legal, I don't think that it could be considered as a criminal offence.
I saw one on facebook the other day, were the driver got nicked for speeding, so in his anger he parked up behind the van, only this idiot parked up on the pavement, he was hoping for support but everyone said what a moron he was.
mark4007

Post by mark4007 »

Devil wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:21 pm Are traffic cameras run by the police? I understood that they were managed by a contracting company. If so, and the parking was legal, I don't think that it could be considered as a criminal offence.
i agree.. if the police were able to actually do something then they would do it rather than "expressing anger"...
daveg

Post by daveg »

Seen a few of these Brinks camera vans on the motorway,which must be the safest of roads....
No warning signs of their presence.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

On the motorway, I think we get used to being able to do up to 120 without the Police seemingly bothering
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

I got done twice when they first came out, now i don't do over 100., because I don't think the 120 works with these vans