1 small Bite of this herb.... must watch video

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

1 small Bite of this herb.... must watch video

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Just was watching this short video and thought perhaps some members on here are also interested to try it ....however i recommend not using Ginger on a empty stomach.

Max
gerryg

Re: 1 small Bite of this herb.... must watch video

Post by gerryg »

Hi Max
I am wary of these sorts of videos , claiming this and that. But I am a lifelong Asthmatic and I recently had covid. It was pretty mild but I was left quite breathless afterwards. So I thought I would give it a try.

Its not pleasant to take. Hot but bearable . At least for me. It seems to have made quite a difference. I feel a lot better and my breathing seems to have improved .I don't know if this is entirely attributable to the ginger or some other factors are at play. However , my feeling is that it is the ginger and I shall continue to take it.

So thanks Max for the post,

Gerryg
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

What an intriguing video. Thanks for sharing.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I chopped some up and mixed it with banana yoghurt and honey. Added some milk and poured it over a bowl of porridge oats.

It was delicious! And the oats are good for cholesterol too.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:16 pm I chopped some up and mixed it with banana yoghurt and honey. Added some milk and poured it over a bowl of porridge oats.

If you used instead of banana joghurt a Greek plain joghurt high fat (10%) it would be even more healthy. In banana joghurt is a lot of sugar which one should avoid, while the high fat plain joghurt prevent these porridge oats leading to a insulin spike when mixed together.(the fat does it!)

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

gerryg wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:55 am Hi Max
I am wary of these sorts of videos , claiming this and that. But I am a lifelong Asthmatic and I recently had covid. It was pretty mild but I was left quite breathless afterwards. So I thought I would give it a try.

Its not pleasant to take. Hot but bearable . At least for me. It seems to have made quite a difference. I feel a lot better and my breathing seems to have improved .I don't know if this is entirely attributable to the ginger or some other factors are at play. However , my feeling is that it is the ginger and I shall continue to take it.

So thanks Max for the post,

Gerryg
More pleasant perhaps for you is a drink, including Ginger, honey, lemon and pepper.
Here video from the same Dr.

Max
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Dominic wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:16 pm I chopped some up and mixed it with banana yoghurt and honey. Added some milk and poured it over a bowl of porridge oats.

Did you forget to put a comma after the banana Dominic? Otherwise Max has got you by the goolies? :D :lol:

Maggie B (Cheeky Moo)

PS . . . I'm liking the sound of your recipe. 😀
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great to see your humour is still alive Maggie
gerryg

Post by gerryg »

Hi Max

Thanks for posting the second video. I am still eating the ginger raw. But I will certainly try the recipe in the second video. I am sure it will be more
pleasant to take.

Thanks again
Gerryg
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

gerryg wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:09 am Hi Max

Thanks for posting the second video. I am still eating the ginger raw. But I will certainly try the recipe in the second video. I am sure it will be more
pleasant to take.

Thanks again
Gerryg
You can try also my own recipe. 5-10 small slices of fresh Ginger i heat up but not boiling hot, together with 3-4 cloves for about 10 minutes.
Then I led it cool down and add some cinnamon powder, 2 spoon of honey and lemon juice from 1/2 lemon. Ready to drink. It is about 1/2 l of water.

Max
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I like ginger too in various guises. I have always thought that it was a spice rather than a herb, a bit like Tumeric? I like Ginger Ale, Ginger ale makes a pleasant drink with ice and a little brandy, which is also reviving! Ginger is also very useful for prevention of travel nausia/ sickness and good for the digestion.
I tend to use Eucalyptus oil to inhale which helps breathing in case of a bad cold or flu.

Dee