Nerve Blocks

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Firefly

Nerve Blocks

Post by Firefly »

Has anyone had nerve blocks in their spine, and if so, what is your experience of them please?

I am currently in the process of having this treatment, so far I have had the anaesthetic injections, and now I'm awaiting the actual nerve blocks in a couple of weeks. I don't know anyone who has had them, so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
jeba

Re: Nerve Blocks

Post by jeba »

I don't understand the question. Nerve blocks are injections of (local) anesthetics next to a nerve.
glowred

Post by glowred »

I’m not sure what the procedure involves in your case but 25years ago I had facet denervation for incapacitating back pain, I’ve not had any major problems since, just the odd twinge.

Neil
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jeba

The local anesthetic was injected purely on a diagnostic basis, to determine if the nerve block would be effective. The local wears off within a day or so, or it did with me.

glowred.

Thank you, yes I imagine that is what I will have. Hopefully mine will be as effective as yours has been.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.