Help - Tax Return

Discuss everything from tax issues to the best way of transferring money.
Poster12

Help - Tax Return

Post by Poster12 »

I moved to Cyprus last year and I have to submit an income tax return for 2022, but I am not really sure where to start.

I have a Tax Number and I understand that the tax return has to be done online on the Taxisnet website. Is this correct?

And if this is correct,

1) Is it a simple process or is it advisable to contact an accountant?
2) And can I just log in to Taxisnet with my name and Tax Number or do I need to fill in some other form first, or visit the tax office first, or get some code number?
3) And what is the deadline for submission of the 2022 tax return?
PolemIan

Re: Help - Tax Return

Post by PolemIan »

souniman

Post by souniman »

All the information you require can be found here
https://taxisnet.mof.gov.cy/login.jsp
If your income is below 19500 you are not required to file a tax return.
Once you have submitted the first one the information is retained and the subsequent forms are much easier
HTH
Poster12

Post by Poster12 »

souniman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:48 am All the information you require can be found here
https://taxisnet.mof.gov.cy/login.jsp
If your income is below 19500 you are not required to file a tax return.
Once you have submitted the first one the information is retained and the subsequent forms are much easier
HTH
I have registered on the Taxisnet website, but there does not seem to be any way at present to submit a Tax return for 2022. The last year listed for Tax returns is 2021. I think the closing date for submission of 2022 Tax returns for retired individuals is 31st July 2023. Is that correct?

And if so, will they put the 2022 Tax return form up on the Taxisnet website well before the closing date in July? If it is not available before July, then how can someone submit their Tax return for 2022?