New Mall to Open on the 26th. Will your favourite shop be there?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

New Mall to Open on the 26th. Will your favourite shop be there?

Post by Dominic »

The Neon Mall of Paphos is opening on the 26th of January. Initially, Super Home Center and KIABI (clothing) will be open, with others including Lidl and a Sports Goods shop to follow.

Read the article and chat about it below...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Re: New Mall to Open on the 26th. Will your favourite shop be there?

Post by trevnhil »

In our household we will be happy to go to the Super Home Centre. And also go to the Lidl store when it opens.. I assume that they have retained the undercover parking and that is a bonus for us with a dog in the car
Trev..
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:15 pm In our household we will be happy to go to the Super Home Centre. And also go to the Lidl store when it opens.. I assume that they have retained the undercover parking and that is a bonus for us with a dog in the car
I’m sure Max will be grateful
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Sadie wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:48 pm
trevnhil wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:15 pm In our household we will be happy to go to the Super Home Centre. And also go to the Lidl store when it opens.. I assume that they have retained the undercover parking and that is a bonus for us with a dog in the car
I am quite sure you meant his dog, Sadie :)

Max
WHL

Post by WHL »

We have a newly build shopping mall in larnaca, it has been hugely succesfull , carpark and mall always packed out, air con etc, but for me , it is soul less , yes it has all the branded stores, but it has killed the old town shopping area, give me a smiling face in an old school shop, who offered you a cup of medrion coffee, over a spotless clean shopping mall, just my opinion, my wife spends half her life in the mall at costa coffee with her mates.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:36 am
Sadie wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:48 pm
I am quite sure you meant his dog, Sadie :)

Max
I did indeed, and Trevor’s dog is called Max
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
lin n vic

Post by lin n vic »

Anybody been and had a look
vic
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I saw somebody moaning online about a lack of new shops coming to Paphos. They clearly hadn't been there, otherwise they would have noticed that of the two shops open, one is new to Paphos. Some people just like moaning. They are becoming increasingly annoying. Far more annoying than any new tower being built, is the incessant moaning about it and unsubstantiated claims of corruption made my people too lazy to learn Greek and keep themselves up to date with the planning regulations.

Rant over.

By all accounts (well, one) the new Super Home is massive, and akin to the Limassol one. The other shop is a budget-friendly clothing chain.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
kansas

Post by kansas »

We popped into the Mall this morning and were very pleasantly surprised. Superhome is laid out very well, better than before IMHO. The clothes shop seems very budget friendly with a variety of styles and although my wife couldn't find anything today I'm sure she'll be back.....
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Ended up in SHC in their new location twice today. Nicely laid out, more spacious than the previous site, seemed to Bev more variety of stock - or at least if not it’s more visible than before. Plenty of parking outside and signage to the extra covered parking area which I didn’t use.

Ian
kansas

Post by kansas »

Perhaps we're missing something but we did wonder how they'd fit a Lidl into the space.....
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Drove past this morning. The car park had quite a few cars in it
josef k

Post by josef k »

I visited and was impressed. As others have said, Superhome is brighter and seems more spacious. Chatting to the staff, they all are very happy with it.
Kiabi is a bright clothing shop that is in the M&S style of decor. Good prices (men's tee shirts from 7 euros and jumpers from 12 euros). There is a wall that hides a space for Lidl, and another for the unnamed sports shop. Surprisingly, there looks to be sufficient space for a full size Lidl. The coffee shop at the front isn't open yet, but is in the process of shop fitting by the look of it.
Altogether a very good start.