Air Fryer

The place to share recipes and ask for advice.
Firefly

Air Fryer

Post by Firefly »

I need some advice please,regarding air fryers.

Having just invested in a new fryer, I notice that silicone baskets are now available for them. Question one, is it better to use one when frying, and two, is the efficiency of the fryer reduced, as the silicone basket does not have holes in the base.

Many thanks for any help.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Cheshire Lad

Re: Air Fryer

Post by Cheshire Lad »

Hello….

I’ve recently bought an air fryer, and am delighted with what it can do.

In respect of the silicone dishes, I’ve found them very useful. Handles on the side to lift the contents out. However, as you say, there are no “ drains” to the dishes and anything ( food) which has a heavy fat content will lie on the silicone until cleaned in terms of the volume of oil on the silicone, it’s a matter of getting used to a spray or two of oil mist.

We tend to put the food in a clean plastic bag with a tablespoon of oil and do the okey cokes ;( shake it all about for half a minute to ensure that it’s all coated.

If you don’t wash the silicone insert after use, there’s a risk of flavours being contaminated by the previous dish.

As far as cooking times/ efficiency is concerned, the air circulation offsets any heating issues to the food. After all, you can still “go” for another minute/2/3/4 if the end result is underdone.

One of the best purchases we have ever made.. Fantastic for chips

Todays experiment is Pineapple upside down cake using the silicone dish. 20 mins at 180 for starters

Good luck
CL
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

Me again….

Best accessory to date has been the chrome grille with 3 legs which sits above the chips, and on which you can put the
Fish and cook all together

CL
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

CL

Many thanks for the info.

In light of what you have said, I'll order two of the silicone dishes for myself.

Thanks again.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.