GESY Mammography Paphos General

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
tonyberry15

GESY Mammography Paphos General

Post by tonyberry15 »

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a free yearly mammogram at Paphos General with GESY and how to go about booking this?`
I was told only an ultrasound now every 2 years unless you go to the General....
PW in Polemi

Re: GESY Mammography Paphos General

Post by PW in Polemi »

Having had a mammogram at the General under the pre-Gesy system, I was called back for another this year.
I was told to ring a certain number on a Saturday between, I think, 10am and 12 noon to book an appointment, which had to be at least one month after my second Covid vaccination.
The number, as far as I can ascertain from my outgoing calls, is 26803225.
Might be worth you ringing on Saturday, with your Gesy reference and ARC number to hand.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

In addition to the facilities at Paphos General Hospital, it is also possible to have a mammogram at any of the GESY hospitals/clinics/X-Ray Departments that provide the service for €10. A breast/both breasts ultrasound costs an additional €10.

A referral from a Gynaecologist for mammography/ultrasound is required - that costs €6.
You do not need to see your PD beforehand to get a referral to see the Gynaecologist.
tonyberry15

Post by tonyberry15 »

Thank you very much for the information.