England Flight Rules Ease As Of October 4th

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

England Flight Rules Ease As Of October 4th

Post by Dominic »

Today the UK Travel Advice Website was updated. Eight countries will move from the red list on 22 September and the rules for international travel to England will change on 4 October 2021.
  • new clearer travel system: red list and rest of world
  • simpler, cheaper rules for fully vaccinated travellers coming from non-red list countries – fully vaccinated passengers will be able to replace day 2 PCR -tests with cheaper lateral flow tests – from the end of October – and no longer need to take pre-departure tests (PDTs)
  • 8 destinations removed from red list including Turkey and Pakistan
  • Government recognises full vaccinations from a further 17 countries and territories including Japan and Singapore
Read the article and chat about it below...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
El tel

Re: England Flight Rules Ease As Of October 4th

Post by El tel »

That’s convenient I travel back to the U.K. on the 4th October.

Terry
J B

Post by J B »

El tel wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:25 am That’s convenient I travel back to the U.K. on the 4th October.
It's a pain - we go back on the 3rd!!! :roll:
J B
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Traffic light rules change but the no test to return doesn't actually begin until around 22 October (announced in the live update yesterday evening by Grant Schapps) then they started to mention it only as "towards the end of October"....

Basically, it's so people can take their kids away for the half term school holidays.

Just a bit weird the actual date in late October seems to be no longer being given out.

Between 4 October and that date in late October, PCR test to return still applies, for everyone.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... nal-travel
Last edited by PhotoLady on Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
TandC

Post by TandC »

Goos news about tests but I already have my PCR Day 2 Kits. We travel back early November. Has anyone seen if I can still use my PCR Tests?
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

TandC wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:41 am Goos news about tests but I already have my PCR Day 2 Kits. We travel back early November. Has anyone seen if I can still use my PCR Tests?
I've seen no mention as yet. The interim period from 4th to the date in late October still requires a PCR test. Only after that date, will the lateral flow tests be applicable.

It's so they can get everything implemented.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... nal-travel
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
El tel

Post by El tel »

As ever it appears more complicated than the changes shown in Dominics posting.

Terry
ast

Post by ast »

Can't see it as particularly complicated, if your traveling into the uk on the 4th October you do not need a pre departure test, The 4th until a date to be announced no pre departure tests but 2nd day pcr still applies. Straight forward enough really. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
hutch642

Post by hutch642 »

We are flying out of UK on the 10th October and flying back on the 27th November. Will we still have to pay for the expensive PCR test for our arrival back in UK. We’ve never filled out a flight pass yet so not sure if it will recognise our flight home date will be after the change in regulations. Thanks
ast

Post by ast »

As the rule is changing you will not have to book the PCR test but the cheaper Later flow test will be OK, the flight pass will recognise your return date no problem as i have just done this myself without issue. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
RLK

Post by RLK »

Hutch, if fully vaccinated you do not need any tests to enter Cyprus. From 4am 4th October no pre return test required for fully vaccinated or under18s to enter uk. Currently we are waiting for the date when the pcr post return test can be replaced with the cheaper LFT. In any case the passenger locator form should be completed 48hrs before return to uk. Hopefully we will have official clarification of the post test change date soon. I’m sure it will come before your return.

The Cyprus flight pass does not need details of your return to uk tests, only proof of your vaccination status.
hutch642

Post by hutch642 »

Many thanks for the replies. Excited we’re coming over as it’s been 22 months since we made it over